Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Rotated Screen

Rotated Screen

Mark T.

Hi all,
I have an XP Machine on which the desktop display
(and the other programs I open - Word, etc.), is
rotated 90 deg. counter clockwise. I.E. The taskbar
is oriented vertically on the RH side of the screen, with the
text aligning vertically up the RH side of the screen.
(You have to cock your head to the left 90 deg. to read it).
Using the control buttons on the monitor I attempted
to rotated the display back to normal, but no luck.
Is this a Windows error or?

Thanks,
Mark

Blinky the Shark

Mark T. wrote:

> I have an XP Machine on which the desktop display
> (and the other programs I open - Word, etc.), is
> rotated 90 deg. counter clockwise. I.E. The taskbar
> is oriented vertically on the RH side of the screen, with the
> text aligning vertically up the RH side of the screen.
> (You have to cock your head to the left 90 deg. to read it).
> Using the control buttons on the monitor I attempted
> to rotated the display back to normal, but no luck.
> Is this a Windows error or?

Mark, your monitor is lying on its side.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Unk

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 04:02:22 GMT, "Mark T." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I have an XP Machine on which the desktop display
>(and the other programs I open - Word, etc.), is
>rotated 90 deg. counter clockwise. I.E. The taskbar
>is oriented vertically on the RH side of the screen, with the
>text aligning vertically up the RH side of the screen.
>(You have to cock your head to the left 90 deg. to read it).
>Using the control buttons on the monitor I attempted
>to rotated the display back to normal, but no luck.
>Is this a Windows error or?
>
>Thanks,
>Mark

During the boot, does the BIOS screen appear normal?

If not, you'll need a repair shop for the monitor.

If yes, from Windows right-click a blank spot on the desktop, select "Properties", "Settings"
tab, and click the "Advanced" button and look for a setting to change the rotation.

pcbutts1

Your video settings. Check the systray for pivot software.

"Mark T." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i%eKe.2482$(E-Mail Removed) m...

> Hi all,
> I have an XP Machine on which the desktop display
> (and the other programs I open - Word, etc.), is
> rotated 90 deg. counter clockwise. I.E. The taskbar
> is oriented vertically on the RH side of the screen, with the
> text aligning vertically up the RH side of the screen.
> (You have to cock your head to the left 90 deg. to read it).
> Using the control buttons on the monitor I attempted
> to rotated the display back to normal, but no luck.
> Is this a Windows error or?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

why?

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 04:02:22 GMT, Mark T. wrote:

>Hi all,
>I have an XP Machine on which the desktop display
>(and the other programs I open - Word, etc.), is
>rotated 90 deg. counter clockwise. I.E. The taskbar

<snip>

If it's the pivot software as mentioned -

Hot Key

All rotational modes are available via a hot key combination. Pressing
all the keys in the key combination simultaneously will initiate the
rotational action defined.

* Ctrl + Shift + R rotates to the next available orientation in the
sequence (0, 90, 180, 270).
* Ctrl + Shift + 0 rotates the screen to landscape mode. (Default
monitor configuration).
* Ctrl + Shift + 9 rotates the screen to portrait mode.
* Ctrl + Shift + 8 rotates the screen to presentation mode (content
is upside down).
* Ctrl + Shift + 7 rotates the screen to portrait mode.

Note: Hot key combinations are user definable from the PivotŪ Software
Properties Tab.

Me

Mark T.

Thanks for the help!

Mark

Shawn

Thanking yourself?
"Mark T." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NBnKe.2567$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Thanks for the help!
>
> Mark

Larry Crites