Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > NAV 2005 Will not scan in Normal Mode

NAV 2005 Will not scan in Normal Mode

Vic

This is a brand new copy of Norton Antivirus 2005 that I install off the CD.
I had 2004 on it before but subscribtion ran out. I uninstalled the 04 and
LiveUpdate and Live reg rebooted inbetween each. Installed 05 from the disk
no problems installing. It activated just fine and ran the live update. Both
completed successfully. Tried to run a scan but the curser only changed to
an hour class for a few seconds and then it was as if I had never clicked
any buttons at all. I watched the task manager and a program does start and
then immediatly closes it happens so fast I could not tell you the name of
the program. I then thought I would try it in safe mode. Scanned just fine
and did not detect any viruses and couple of simple spy ware that it said
that it removed. Booted back into normal mode and it still wouldn't scan.

The system is a Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2, Pentium 4 1.6 with
256MB Ram. Windows is current and upto date. I scanned the system with
Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.06 and Microsoft Antispyware Beta1 and they are
happy.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Vic