Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > synthesis error with DC

synthesis error with DC

rajan

Hi,

I am trying to synthesize a design with synopsys. But, keep on getting this
error. Would anyone please make this erro message clear to me.

Warning: Design 'design_core' has '1' unresolved references. For more
detailed information, use the "link" command. (UID-341)
Information: Updating design information... (UID-85)
Allocating blocks in 'design_core'

Error: The selector S_18 is shorted to the selector S_2.
Resource sharing does not support operations that are
shorted together. (SR-
Error: Cannot load design 'design_core'. (DDB-76)

Mike Treseler

"rajan" wrote:

> Warning: Design 'design_core' has '1' unresolved references.

Consider simulation before synthesis
to correct logical errors.

-- Mike Treseler

Jonathan Bromley

On 31 Aug 2004 11:07:14 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Mike
Treseler) wrote:

>"rajan" wrote:
>>
>> Warning: Design 'design_core' has '1' unresolved references.

> Consider simulation before synthesis
> to correct logical errors.

It's possible there weren't any. If this was a Verilog
design in which a variable (reg) was written at different
times from two different "always" blocks, it could give
correct results in simulation but yet be unsynthesisable.
Similarly, most synthesis tools use different library
structures than simulation tools, so it's possible to miss
out a file from the synthesis run and get "unresolved
reference" errors even after a successful simulation.

Whilst I completely agree with your necessarily oft-repeated
exhortation, it doesn't deal with all the likely problems.
--
Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how

Tel: +44 (0)1425 471223 mail:(E-Mail Removed)

Metin Yerlikaya

hi,
seems like a net has more than one driver. You can see schematic in
GTECH level(Design Analyzer),
and try to find the s_18 and s_2 blocks and may be you find which net
you are
trying to drive double.

Metin

"rajan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<cgvkbn$468$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to synthesize a design with synopsys. But, keep on getting this
> error. Would anyone please make this erro message clear to me.
>

> Warning: Design 'design_core' has '1' unresolved references. For more
> detailed information, use the "link" command. (UID-341)
> Information: Updating design information... (UID-85)
> Allocating blocks in 'design_core'
>
> Error: The selector S_18 is shorted to the selector S_2.
> Resource sharing does not support operations that are
> shorted together. (SR-
> Error: Cannot load design 'design_core'. (DDB-76)
> 0

ModelSim Error : "Fatal error in Process determine_phase_shift" during post synthesis of Xilinx vhd fpgaengineer VHDL 7 03-12-2007 07:24 PM
Synthesis Error in XST Nisheeth VHDL 2 03-22-2005 02:28 PM
Synthesis error: assignment outside of process using WHEN lomtik VHDL 5 12-20-2004 11:29 PM
SOS! newbie question about synthesizable VHDL : synthesis run successfully but post-synthesis failed... walala VHDL 4 09-09-2003 08:41 AM
what are the possible reasons that successful pre-synthesis simulation + successful synthesis = failed post-synthes walala VHDL 4 09-08-2003 01:51 PM

Advertisments