Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Business Software

Business Software

Douglas

I am starting a home business. What do you recommend as a business software
to use.

Thanks

Doug

Old Gringo

Douglas wrote:
> I am starting a home business. What do you recommend as a business software
> to use.
>
> Thanks
>
> Doug

It depends on weather your are going to run a whore house or an
accounting firm.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

MrGrumpy

You decide on what you wish to do / know then select software that works for
you, within your budget.
you could start with www.openoffice.org its free to download and compatible
with MS Office files

"Douglas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%GPJe.838$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I am starting a home business. What do you recommend as a business

software
> to use.
>
> Thanks
>
> Doug

FML

Douglas wrote:
> I am starting a home business. What do you recommend as a business software
> to use.
>
> Thanks
>
> Doug

I use Quickbooks Pro.

NotMe

"Old Gringo" <
| > I am starting a home business. What do you recommend as a business
software
| > to use.
| >
| It depends on weather your are going to run a whore house or an
| accounting firm.

There's a difference?

Livewire

In article <%GPJe.838$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> I am starting a home business. What do you recommend as a business software
> to use.
>
> Thanks
>
> Doug

Cobian Backup for, well, backing up.

Photofiltre for simple image manipulation if you need it.

A good firewall -- Zone Alarm or Outlook free, which I use.

A browser other than IE -- I use Deepnet.

joevan

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 23:23:49 -0400, "NotMe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Old Gringo" <
>| > I am starting a home business. What do you recommend as a business
>software
>| > to use.
>| >
>| It depends on weather your are going to run a whore house or an
>| accounting firm.
>
>There's a difference?

Would you care to elucidate? LOL

and for the same reason."

Old Gringo

NotMe wrote:
> "Old Gringo" <
> | > I am starting a home business. What do you recommend as a business
> software
> | > to use.
> | >
> | It depends on weather your are going to run a whore house or an
> | accounting firm.
>
> There's a difference?

LOL

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

BOB

NotMe wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> "Old Gringo" <
>| > I am starting a home business. What do you recommend as a
>| > business
> software
>| > to use.
>| >
>| It depends on weather your are going to run a whore house or an
>| accounting firm.
>
> There's a difference?

Between an accounting firm and a whorehouse, yes, there are slight
differences. Between a law firm and a whorehouse, no difference at all.

--
BOB

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"BOB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns96AD90204F62Abofh12345xxxzzz@216.196.97.13 1...
> NotMe wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
> > "Old Gringo" <
> > software
> >| >
> >| It depends on weather your are going to run a whore house or an
> >| accounting firm.
> >
> > There's a difference?
> >

> Between an accounting firm and a whorehouse, yes, there are slight
> differences. Between a law firm and a whorehouse, no difference at all.

Not quite. A whorehouse supplies a desired service at a price.

A law firm just makes sure you're screwed.

RwP