Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > cursor auto select?

cursor auto select?

cathair

Just purchased an acer aspire 3000 laptop for my mother. I'm going through
the process of setting it up, installing software etc, so far I'm pleased
with the machine except for one very annoying problem. The cursor, whenever
it is left over a 'clickable' area of the screen (i.e. web link, minimize,
I agree, etc.) it will automatically initiate that command after 4 or 5
seconds. I've been through all of the settings for the touchpad, mouse,
accessability options, but have not found anything that would allow me to
disable this 'feature (?)'. I've emailed acer about this but have yet to
get a response from them. Any Ideas on how I can solve this issue?
TIA