Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > MSN / Spaces Photo Uploader

MSN / Spaces Photo Uploader

kreed22a

Can no longer uploader pictures to MSN or Spaces.

Uploader just stopped working, tried re- installing and machine freezes.
Have removed all Downloaded Files (IE addins) and retried, just the same.
Even removed Internet Explorer and re-installed no joy.

Any ideas

Kreed.

old jon

"kreed22a" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dd81q7$6ou$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> Can no longer uploader pictures to MSN or Spaces.
>
> Uploader just stopped working, tried re- installing and machine freezes.
> Have removed all Downloaded Files (IE addins) and retried, just the same.
> Even removed Internet Explorer and re-installed no joy.
>
> Any ideas
>
> Kreed.

Check your Event viewer for reported errors.

kreed22a

"old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aRMJe.19501$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "kreed22a" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dd81q7$6ou$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
>> Can no longer uploader pictures to MSN or Spaces.
>>
>> Uploader just stopped working, tried re- installing and machine freezes.
>> Have removed all Downloaded Files (IE addins) and retried, just the same.
>> Even removed Internet Explorer and re-installed no joy.
>>
>> Any ideas
>>
>> Kreed.

> Check your Event viewer for reported errors.

Checked Events/Application - No help at all. Just says Application Hung -
Event 1002 - Category (101).

Kreed

why?

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:12:20 +0000 (UTC), kreed22a wrote:

>"old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:aRMJe.19501$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "kreed22a" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:dd81q7$6ou$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
>>> Can no longer uploader pictures to MSN or Spaces.
>>>
>>> Uploader just stopped working, tried re- installing and machine freezes.
>>> Have removed all Downloaded Files (IE addins) and retried, just the same.
>>> Even removed Internet Explorer and re-installed no joy.
>>>
>>> Any ideas
>>>
>>> Kreed.

>> Check your Event viewer for reported errors.
>>

>Checked Events/Application - No help at all. Just says Application Hung -
>Event 1002 - Category (101).

Does it give the source / application name?

It's no help at all , how?
http://www.google.com/search?q=Event...gory+%28101%29

Windows unwanted restart... - TechSpot Troubleshooting
Admin tools->Event Log->Some errors: Application Error Category: 101
Event 1002
Application Error Category: none Event 1000 In system: Source: NV Event:
101 ...
http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windo...d-restart.html -
21k - Cached - Similar pages

Computing.Net - Excel Always Hangs on 2K3 Domain
I've just gone through the event viewer to try and find a solution;.
Event Type:
Error Event Source: Application Hang Event Category: (101) Event ID:
1002 ...
http://www.computing.net/office/wwwb...orum/4558.html - 23k - Cached -
Similar pages

IE Problem- Application hang
On checking the event viewer-applications I have several similar error
messages
that read "Application Hang Category 101-Type Error Event ID
1002-Hanging ...
http://forum.tweakxp.com/forum/FindPost171313.aspx - 53k - 6 Aug 2005 -
Cached - Similar pages

and many more....

Even better if you change the search keywords to

msn Event 1002 - Category (101)

reset registry settings after reformating.. - Footslog's Web Boards
I do have a Dell, bought from Dell.com, though MSN Messenger wasn't on
the computer
.... Event Source: Application Hang Event Category: (101) Event ID: 1002
www.footslog.com/board/Forum14/HTML/000095.html - 71k - Cached - Similar
pages

- Microsoft windows inetexplorer ie6 browser
.... Cannot play MSN Broadband Highlights Cannot play MSN Broadband
Highlights
.... mshtml.dll error Iexplore.exe hangs with Event ID 1002 Category
(101) ...
http://www.msusenet.com/archive/inde...-68-p-291.html - 36k - Cached -
Similar pages

change search to
msn hang Event 1002 - Category (101)
and there are 322 hits

Me

kreed22a

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:12:20 +0000 (UTC), kreed22a wrote:
>

>>"old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:aRMJe.19501$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "kreed22a" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:dd81q7$6ou$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...

>>> Check your Event viewer for reported errors.
>>>

>>Checked Events/Application - No help at all. Just says Application Hung -
>>Event 1002 - Category (101).

> Does it give the source / application name?
>

> It's no help at all , how?
> http://www.google.com/search?q=Event...gory+%28101%29
>
> Windows unwanted restart... - TechSpot Troubleshooting
> Admin tools->Event Log->Some errors: Application Error Category: 101
> Event 1002
> Application Error Category: none Event 1000 In system: Source: NV Event:
> 101 ...
> http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windo...d-restart.html -
> 21k - Cached - Similar pages
>
> Computing.Net - Excel Always Hangs on 2K3 Domain
> I've just gone through the event viewer to try and find a solution;.
> Event Type:
> Error Event Source: Application Hang Event Category: (101) Event ID:
> 1002 ...
> http://www.computing.net/office/wwwb...orum/4558.html - 23k - Cached -
> Similar pages
>
> IE Problem- Application hang
> On checking the event viewer-applications I have several similar error
> messages
> that read "Application Hang Category 101-Type Error Event ID
> 1002-Hanging ...
> http://forum.tweakxp.com/forum/FindPost171313.aspx - 53k - 6 Aug 2005 -
> Cached - Similar pages
>
> and many more....
>

> Even better if you change the search keywords to
>
> msn Event 1002 - Category (101)
>
> reset registry settings after reformating.. - Footslog's Web Boards
> I do have a Dell, bought from Dell.com, though MSN Messenger wasn't on
> the computer
> ... Event Source: Application Hang Event Category: (101) Event ID: 1002
> www.footslog.com/board/Forum14/HTML/000095.html - 71k - Cached - Similar
> pages
>
> - Microsoft windows inetexplorer ie6 browser
> ... Cannot play MSN Broadband Highlights Cannot play MSN Broadband
> Highlights
> ... mshtml.dll error Iexplore.exe hangs with Event ID 1002 Category
> (101) ...
> http://www.msusenet.com/archive/inde...-68-p-291.html - 36k - Cached -
> Similar pages
>

> change search to
> msn hang Event 1002 - Category (101)
> and there are 322 hits
>
> Me

Thanks for all of the links, lots of interesting reading - it seems loads of
people have the same problem.
Thing is no one seems to have a solution. Any chance of giving me ONE link
to a solution.

Kreed

why?

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 23:08:13 +0000 (UTC), kreed22a wrote:

>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:12:20 +0000 (UTC), kreed22a wrote:
>>

>>>"old jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:aRMJe.19501$(E-Mail Removed)...

<big snip>

>>>Checked Events/Application - No help at all. Just says Application Hung -
>>>Event 1002 - Category (101).

>> Does it give the source / application name?
>>

>> It's no help at all , how?
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=Event...gory+%28101%29
>>
>> Windows unwanted restart... - TechSpot Troubleshooting
>> Admin tools->Event Log->Some errors: Application Error Category: 101

<big snip>

>> change search to
>> msn hang Event 1002 - Category (101)
>> and there are 322 hits
>>
>> Me

>Thanks for all of the links, lots of interesting reading - it seems loads of

YW, however it was only a bit of www.google.com and altering the words /
order of the words to search for.

>people have the same problem.
>Thing is no one seems to have a solution. Any chance of giving me ONE link
>to a solution.

Um..... I get paid to do that at work, this isn't.

Me

Secure FTP File Uploader Applet Gefster Java 1 06-18-2004 06:33 PM
HTML File Uploader Andy ASP .Net 2 12-12-2003 08:41 AM
Picture uploader BORG HTML 1 06-25-2003 08:23 PM

Advertisments