Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Unable to extract downloaded Windows Office trial

Unable to extract downloaded Windows Office trial

Tass

I recently downloaded a 60 day trial of the Microsoft Office Standard
Edition 2003. I start to install and keep getting the error message
"Extracting file failed. It is most likely caused by low memory (low disk
space for swapping file) or corrupted Cabinet file". I have deleting all
my temporary files and have re-downloaded it and still can't get past this
point. I tried the Windows help files but can't seem to find the problem.
I have Windows XP, Norton Antivirus, Zone Alarm and I use Ad-Aware,
CWShredder, Spybot, EasyCleaner and Spyware Blaster and still have 38
GB on my program partition of my harddrive. This problem seemed to start
after an update of Windows Media Player..but this could be just a
coincidence. Any help would be appreciated.

John Inzer

I don't know the exact solution to the issue you
describe but the following article may be worth
a look:

(314810) OFF: Error Message During Installation:
Error 1335 - Cannot Copy Cab File Office1.cab
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314810

--

John Inzer

"Tass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I recently downloaded a 60 day trial of the Microsoft Office Standard
> Edition 2003. I start to install and keep getting the error message
> "Extracting file failed. It is most likely caused by low memory (low disk
> space for swapping file) or corrupted Cabinet file". I have deleting all
> my temporary files and have re-downloaded it and still can't get past this
> point. I tried the Windows help files but can't seem to find the problem.
> I have Windows XP, Norton Antivirus, Zone Alarm and I use Ad-Aware,
> CWShredder, Spybot, EasyCleaner and Spyware Blaster and still have 38
> GB on my program partition of my harddrive. This problem seemed to start
> after an update of Windows Media Player..but this could be just a
> coincidence. Any help would be appreciated.

Tass

No luck with this. I am going to try downloading one more time. Thanks for
the suggestion.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...