Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > newsgroups?

newsgroups?

Drvnguy

Are there any programs wich will open or access newsgroups other than using
outlook express6 ..I am using x64 windows xp pro version but outlook is
acting quite buggy since there is no updated drivers for it ..thnx

Toolman Tim

"Drvnguy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are there any programs wich will open or access newsgroups other than
> using outlook express6 ..I am using x64 windows xp pro version but outlook
> is acting quite buggy since there is no updated drivers for it ..thnx

Sure. Go to Google, and search for free newsreader client

why?

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 15:00:40 -0400, Drvnguy wrote:

>Are there any programs wich will open or access newsgroups other than using
>outlook express6 ..I am using x64 windows xp pro version but outlook is
>acting quite buggy since there is no updated drivers for it ..thnx

Lots I expect, there seems to be many dozens of newsreaders.

NewsLeecher 3.2 final has no problems on 2003 Enterprise Server x64 ,
Agent 3.0 32bit is going on just now.

See the x64 newsgroups.

Me

Blinky the Shark

Drvnguy wrote:

> Are there any programs wich will open or access newsgroups other than using
> outlook express6 ..I am using x64 windows xp pro version but outlook is
> acting quite buggy since there is no updated drivers for it ..thnx

Of course, and all are better than OE, as is dirt and a pointy stick.

Here are two:

http://xnews.newsguy.com

http://www.40tude.com/dialog/

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Paddy

yes. Check Mozilla Thunderbird.
google it

Old Gringo

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 19:20:40 GMT, why?

>On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 15:00:40 -0400, Drvnguy wrote:
>
>>Are there any programs wich will open or access newsgroups other than using
>>outlook express6 ..I am using x64 windows xp pro version but outlook is
>>acting quite buggy since there is no updated drivers for it ..thnx

>Lots I expect, there seems to be many dozens of newsreaders.
>
>NewsLeecher 3.2 final has no problems on 2003 Enterprise Server x64 ,
>Agent 3.0 32bit is going on just now.
>
>See the x64 newsgroups.
>

>Me

Heard a lot about Agent here, thought I would give it a try. JC lot
of buttons. SBC Global has a good test site to set it up. Well hell,
no need to go any further, just found out you have to pay to get your
spelling checked. That suck for dumb ass like me. Oh well.

Old Gringo

Old Gringo

Old Gringo wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 19:20:40 GMT, why?
> <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
>

>>On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 15:00:40 -0400, Drvnguy wrote:
>>

>>>Are there any programs wich will open or access newsgroups other than using
>>>outlook express6 ..I am using x64 windows xp pro version but outlook is
>>>acting quite buggy since there is no updated drivers for it ..thnx

>>Lots I expect, there seems to be many dozens of newsreaders.
>>
>>NewsLeecher 3.2 final has no problems on 2003 Enterprise Server x64 ,
>>Agent 3.0 32bit is going on just now.
>>
>>See the x64 newsgroups.
>>

>>Me

> Heard a lot about Agent here, thought I would give it a try. JC lot
> of buttons. SBC Global has a good test site to set it up. Well hell,
> no need to go any further, just found out you have to pay to get your
> spelling checked. That suck for dumb ass like me. Oh well.
>
> Old Gringo

Back to Thunderbird for Dummies

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

Blinky the Shark

Paddy wrote:
> yes. Check Mozilla Thunderbird.
> google it

Dpes it have scoring, yet?

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Voltado

Blinky the Shark wrote:

>Paddy wrote:
>

>>yes. Check Mozilla Thunderbird.
>>google it
>>

>Dpes it have scoring, yet?

Perhaps yes, perhaps no. As I am still fairly new to Thunderbird, I
haven't resolved that question yet but it handles delimiter function
just fine.

trout

Voltado wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>
>> Paddy wrote:
>>

>>> yes. Check Mozilla Thunderbird.
>>> google it
>>>

>> Dpes it have scoring, yet?
>>

> Perhaps yes, perhaps no. As I am still fairly new to Thunderbird, I
> haven't resolved that question yet but it handles delimiter function
> just fine.

Name change? Or did you forget to pack an "r" when you moved?
--
And dpes it have a spell checker?