Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Question for Cat Experts

Question for Cat Experts

Harvey Gratt

We have a "neighborhood" cat (maybe 1.5 to 2 yrs old) that has made our
block her home (owner keeps her as an outside cat). She has quickly
learned to make the rounds up and down "restaurant row".

Anyway, she has developed a STRONG liking to Reddi-Wip. My wife says I'm
destroying her health. I, on the other hand, prefer to believe that
Reddi-Wip comprises one of the essential human and feline food groups.
After all, if it were harmful to her, she wouldn't eat it (thumbs up her
nose at the denser, richer Cool Whip)!

So, who is right?

Thanks,
Harvey

Rene

I user reddipwhip on my pussy all the time and no one every complains,
so I think your right.

"Harvey Gratt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> We have a "neighborhood" cat (maybe 1.5 to 2 yrs old) that has made our
> block her home (owner keeps her as an outside cat). She has quickly
> learned to make the rounds up and down "restaurant row".
>
> Anyway, she has developed a STRONG liking to Reddi-Wip. My wife says I'm
> destroying her health. I, on the other hand, prefer to believe that
> Reddi-Wip comprises one of the essential human and feline food groups.
> After all, if it were harmful to her, she wouldn't eat it (thumbs up her
> nose at the denser, richer Cool Whip)!
>
> So, who is right?
>
> Thanks,
> Harvey

The Old Sourdough

Harvey Gratt wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> We have a "neighborhood" cat (maybe 1.5 to 2 yrs old) that has
> made our block her home (owner keeps her as an outside cat). She
> has quickly learned to make the rounds up and down "restaurant
> row".
>
> Anyway, she has developed a STRONG liking to Reddi-Wip. My wife
> says I'm destroying her health. I, on the other hand, prefer to
> believe that Reddi-Wip comprises one of the essential human and
> feline food groups. After all, if it were harmful to her, she
> wouldn't eat it (thumbs up her nose at the denser, richer Cool
> Whip)!
>
> So, who is right?
>
> Thanks,
> Harvey

Your wife.

--
The Old Sourdough
May 15 decadent Jehovah's witnesses eat each other's belly-button fluff

Harvey Gratt

But that's a different (equally important) food group.

Rene wrote:
> I user reddipwhip on my pussy all the time and no one every complains,
> so I think your right.
>
> "Harvey Gratt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>We have a "neighborhood" cat (maybe 1.5 to 2 yrs old) that has made our
>>block her home (owner keeps her as an outside cat). She has quickly
>>learned to make the rounds up and down "restaurant row".
>>
>>Anyway, she has developed a STRONG liking to Reddi-Wip. My wife says I'm
>>destroying her health. I, on the other hand, prefer to believe that
>>Reddi-Wip comprises one of the essential human and feline food groups.
>>After all, if it were harmful to her, she wouldn't eat it (thumbs up her
>>nose at the denser, richer Cool Whip)!
>>
>>So, who is right?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Harvey

Barb

Sorry .... what's "Reddi-Wip"?

"The Old Sourdough" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Harvey Gratt wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
> > We have a "neighborhood" cat (maybe 1.5 to 2 yrs old) that has
> > made our block her home (owner keeps her as an outside cat). She
> > has quickly learned to make the rounds up and down "restaurant
> > row".
> >
> > Anyway, she has developed a STRONG liking to Reddi-Wip. My wife
> > says I'm destroying her health. I, on the other hand, prefer to
> > believe that Reddi-Wip comprises one of the essential human and
> > feline food groups. After all, if it were harmful to her, she
> > wouldn't eat it (thumbs up her nose at the denser, richer Cool
> > Whip)!
> >
> > So, who is right?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Harvey
> >

> Your wife.
>
> --
> The Old Sourdough
> May 15 decadent Jehovah's witnesses eat each other's belly-button fluff
> in your shaving cabinet.

Harvey Gratt

A light, aerated whipped cream dispensed from an aerosol can.

Barb wrote:

> Sorry .... what's "Reddi-Wip"?
>

> "The Old Sourdough" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>Harvey Gratt wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>

>>>We have a "neighborhood" cat (maybe 1.5 to 2 yrs old) that has
>>>made our block her home (owner keeps her as an outside cat). She
>>>has quickly learned to make the rounds up and down "restaurant
>>>row".
>>>
>>>Anyway, she has developed a STRONG liking to Reddi-Wip. My wife
>>>says I'm destroying her health. I, on the other hand, prefer to
>>>believe that Reddi-Wip comprises one of the essential human and
>>>feline food groups. After all, if it were harmful to her, she
>>>wouldn't eat it (thumbs up her nose at the denser, richer Cool
>>>Whip)!
>>>
>>>So, who is right?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Harvey
>>>

>>Your wife.
>>
>>--
>>The Old Sourdough
>>May 15 decadent Jehovah's witnesses eat each other's belly-button fluff
>>in your shaving cabinet.

Greg

How can someone compain when they're dead?

"Rene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZhQIe.718$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
>I user reddipwhip on my pussy all the time and no one every complains,
> so I think your right.
>
> "Harvey Gratt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> We have a "neighborhood" cat (maybe 1.5 to 2 yrs old) that has made our
>> block her home (owner keeps her as an outside cat). She has quickly
>> learned to make the rounds up and down "restaurant row".
>>
>> Anyway, she has developed a STRONG liking to Reddi-Wip. My wife says I'm
>> destroying her health. I, on the other hand, prefer to believe that
>> Reddi-Wip comprises one of the essential human and feline food groups.
>> After all, if it were harmful to her, she wouldn't eat it (thumbs up her
>> nose at the denser, richer Cool Whip)!
>>
>> So, who is right?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Harvey

Mara

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:43:54 -0500, Harvey Gratt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>We have a "neighborhood" cat (maybe 1.5 to 2 yrs old) that has made our
>block her home (owner keeps her as an outside cat). She has quickly
>learned to make the rounds up and down "restaurant row".
>
>Anyway, she has developed a STRONG liking to Reddi-Wip. My wife says I'm
>destroying her health. I, on the other hand, prefer to believe that
>Reddi-Wip comprises one of the essential human and feline food groups.
>After all, if it were harmful to her, she wouldn't eat it (thumbs up her
>nose at the denser, richer Cool Whip)!

Not so. Many cats will eat chocolate, and antifreeze, too, which *definitely*
aren't good for them.

Your wife is right, as far as it goes. The product contains both milk and cream,
though in small amounts, and cats don't have the enzyme necessary to break down
the sugar in those products. (They also lack one of the two proteins that make
their taste buds interpret things as being sweet.) While I assume you're not
giving the cat large amounts, she *is* eating a product that could possibly
cause her harm under certain conditions, and certainly won't benefit her in any
way, and which should be replaced with some sort of treat that can.

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

antwine

Rene:
You are good!! You are really good!! The perfect response.
I wish I had thought of it.
"Rene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZhQIe.718$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
>I user reddipwhip on my pussy all the time and no one every complains,
> so I think your right.
>
> "Harvey Gratt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> We have a "neighborhood" cat (maybe 1.5 to 2 yrs old) that has made our
>> block her home (owner keeps her as an outside cat). She has quickly
>> learned to make the rounds up and down "restaurant row".
>>
>> Anyway, she has developed a STRONG liking to Reddi-Wip. My wife says I'm
>> destroying her health. I, on the other hand, prefer to believe that
>> Reddi-Wip comprises one of the essential human and feline food groups.
>> After all, if it were harmful to her, she wouldn't eat it (thumbs up her
>> nose at the denser, richer Cool Whip)!
>>
>> So, who is right?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Harvey

Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

In news(E-Mail Removed), Harvey Gratt
<(E-Mail Removed)> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the
writing was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away,
and then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so
placed fingers to keyboard for this:

> We have a "neighborhood" cat (maybe 1.5 to 2 yrs old) that has made
> our block her home (owner keeps her as an outside cat). She has
> quickly learned to make the rounds up and down "restaurant row".
>
> Anyway, she has developed a STRONG liking to Reddi-Wip. My wife says
> I'm destroying her health. I, on the other hand, prefer to believe
> that Reddi-Wip comprises one of the essential human and feline food
> groups. After all, if it were harmful to her, she wouldn't eat it
> (thumbs up her nose at the denser, richer Cool Whip)!
>
> So, who is right?
>
> Thanks,
> Harvey

Reddi-Whip has less sugar (0 carbs) and less than 1 gram of trans fat than
Cool Whip (2 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbs). So nutritionally speaking,
Reddi-Whip is a bit better for a human and a feline. Cats cannot taste
sugar. But if you can, I would look for something with more cream content
to it. Here in Ohio we have a "knock off" from our local grocery store
chain (Meijer) called "Zip Whip" that looks and tastes like Reddi-Whip.
This has more of a creamy taste. My cat, WilyBeth, loved this stuff and
even knew it by name ... this is how much SHE loved it. WilyBeth lived to
be 17 years old as an indoor cat. Usually most outdoor cats don't get to
be 10 and indoor ones live a bit longer. According to our vet, WilyBeth
lived to be a very old age and was very healthy even at her age, despite
having kidney troubles. Her sister, Stormy, lived to be almost 17 before
being put to sleep with a tumour near her lungs. I've taken very good care
of my cats ... and if WilyBeth lived to be 17 on eating a lot of "Zip Whip"
then IMHO I think you're right and the cat will be fine on Reddi-Whip. But
maybe upgrade to their Extra Creamy variety, which I just found on their
website.

--
Kyle )

$1-million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
reply. Money gets faster attention