Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Remove icon from toolbar

Remove icon from toolbar

Grr

No matter how many times I click 'Always Hide' for the 'Local Area Network'
icon in the Toolbar, it comes back. Usually after I've restarted a few times

I go to Preferences, click Always Hide, then it goes, then it comes back.

Does anyone know how to remove this icon permanently in XP.

Thanks

Tony

Paddy

click start
control Panel and then click on internet and network connections and
then click on
Network Connections.
You should see your local Area Connection Icon. Right click and the
select properties.
Below the description, uncheck show notification icon in notification
area when connected.
Click ok and then you are done!!! As simple as that.

Top (retired)

"Grr" <lll> wrote in news(E-Mail Removed):

> No matter how many times I click 'Always Hide' for the 'Local
> Area Network' icon in the Toolbar, it comes back. Usually after
> I've restarted a few times
>
> I go to Preferences, click Always Hide, then it goes, then it
> comes back.
>
> Does anyone know how to remove this icon permanently in XP.
>

> Thanks
>
> Tony

Right click the icon, network connections, right click connection,
properties, second box from bottom unclick Show Icon.

Ed

--
Freedom is never free....