Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Error on startup up, how to get rid of?

Reply
Thread Tools

Error on startup up, how to get rid of?

 
 
Sue Norman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-04-2005
How do I get rid of an error message when my computer starts up? It says
it is missing a dll file and to reload the software, which I have. The
error message still comes up, the program is working fine. I'm using XP.
Thanks,
Sue N.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Blinky the Shark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-04-2005
Sue Norman wrote:

> How do I get rid of an error message when my computer starts up? It
> says it is missing a dll file and to reload the software, which I
> have. The error message still comes up, the program is working fine.
> I'm using XP. Thanks, Sue N.


Does the file have a name? Is it a national secret? Will you go to
prison if you divulge it?

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Killing All Posts from GG: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
End Of The Good GG Archive GUI: http://blinkynet.net/comp/gggui.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Sue Norman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-04-2005
Blinky the Shark wrote:

>Sue Norman wrote:
>
>
>
>>How do I get rid of an error message when my computer starts up? It
>>says it is missing a dll file and to reload the software, which I
>>have. The error message still comes up, the program is working fine.
>>I'm using XP. Thanks, Sue N.
>>
>>

>
>Does the file have a name? Is it a national secret? Will you go to
>prison if you divulge it?
>
>http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
>
>

LOL! Sorry! Okay, here is the entire message which I should have posted
but was too lazy to restart the computer:
"BTTray exe-unable to locate the component. This application has failed
to start because btwhidcs.DLL was not found.
Restalling this application may fix this problem"
I believe this message is related to my bluetooth USB port I use with my
cell phone. I reinstalled the program however the message
still pops up. There is not a bluetooth icon on down on the task bar by
the clock which is fine with me. I am getting sick of the message
and want it to go away.
Thank you.
Sue

 
Reply With Quote
 
Blinky the Shark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-04-2005
Sue Norman wrote:

><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
><html>
><head>
> <meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
> <title></title>


<snip>

Help here: http://www.efn.no/html-bad.html

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Killing All Posts from GG: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
End Of The Good GG Archive GUI: http://blinkynet.net/comp/gggui.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ron Martell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-04-2005
Sue Norman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


>LOL! Sorry! Okay, here is the entire message which I should have posted
>but was too lazy to restart the computer:
>"BTTray exe-unable to locate the component. This application has failed
>to start because btwhidcs.DLL was not found.
>Restalling this application may fix this problem"
>I believe this message is related to my bluetooth USB port I use with my
>cell phone. I reinstalled the program however the message
>still pops up. There is not a bluetooth icon on down on the task bar by
>the clock which is fine with me. I am getting sick of the message
>and want it to go away.
>Thank you.
>Sue


Your suspicions are correct. BTTray.exe is part of the Bluetooth
software. If reinstalling the software does not resolve the problem
then you need to contact the technical support people for whoever
produced your Bluetooth hardware and get them to help you to resolve
this.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
http://aumha.org/alex.htm
 
Reply With Quote
 
Sue Norman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-04-2005
Blinky the Shark wrote:

>Sue Norman wrote:
>
>
>
>><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
>><html>
>><head>
>> <meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
>> <title></title>
>>
>>

>
><snip>
>
>Help here: http://www.efn.no/html-bad.html
>
>
>

Okay, hopefully I will not be making any blunders with this post:
Message says: "BTTray exe-unable to locate component. This application
has failed to start
because btwhidcs.DLL was not found. Reinstalling this application may
fix this problem"
I believe this is from my blue tooth USB port icon not loading in the
tray by the clock.
I have reloaded the software and the message is still there. I don't
care if the icon doesn't show,
however the message is getting old.
Thanks-Sue
 
Reply With Quote
 
Sue Norman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-04-2005
Ron Martell wrote:

>Sue Norman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>>LOL! Sorry! Okay, here is the entire message which I should have posted
>>but was too lazy to restart the computer:
>>"BTTray exe-unable to locate the component. This application has failed
>>to start because btwhidcs.DLL was not found.
>>Restalling this application may fix this problem"
>>I believe this message is related to my bluetooth USB port I use with my
>>cell phone. I reinstalled the program however the message
>>still pops up. There is not a bluetooth icon on down on the task bar by
>>the clock which is fine with me. I am getting sick of the message
>>and want it to go away.
>>Thank you.
>>Sue
>>
>>

>
>Your suspicions are correct. BTTray.exe is part of the Bluetooth
>software. If reinstalling the software does not resolve the problem
>then you need to contact the technical support people for whoever
>produced your Bluetooth hardware and get them to help you to resolve
>this.
>
>Good luck
>
>Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
>
>

Thanks Ron...Guess I'll have to do that then. Sue
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any way to get rid of Startup programs to keep coming back?Realplayer, mns Sam Computer Support 21 11-28-2008 07:12 PM
Get rid of XP startup password prompt Gary Computer Support 29 11-01-2007 10:57 PM
Need help getting rid of chkdsk at startup June Computer Information 3 05-12-2005 03:43 PM
How to get rid of "Welcome" window at startup Lizzie Computer Support 2 03-25-2005 04:40 PM
How to rid myself of that annoying "Log On" window at startup flomers@prodigy.net Computer Support 3 10-23-2004 08:22 PM



Advertisments