Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Need help removing a Trojan virus

Need help removing a Trojan virus

MrandMrs J3

I have McAfee virus protection. When I scanned my computer this should up .
C:\Counter.cab Trojan Downloader-JU . Can someone please tell me hot to
get rid of it. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
MrsJ3

GreenieLeBrun

Macafee them selves have instructions on how to remove this at
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_125...alInstructions

Sophos also mentions a registry entry that needs to be removed
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/anal...dloaderyp.html

You may also find that Ad-Aware SE ( http://www.lavasoft.com/ ) will
remove this beast.

SirLagsALot

"MrandMrs J3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have McAfee virus protection. When I scanned my computer this should up

..
> C:\Counter.cab Trojan Downloader-JU . Can someone please tell me hot to
> get rid of it. Thanks in advance.
>
> Sincerely,
> MrsJ3

http://www.moosoft.com/products/cleaner/download/ <-- you can download The
Cleaner here(trojan scanner, 30 day free trial) it will remove any trojans
it finds

MrandMrs J3

Thank you GreeniLeBrun and SirLagsalot for the info. it really helped.