Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Unable to install O/S

Unable to install O/S

Rick

I've got 2 computers with the exact same problem,
when I try to install W2K or XP they go through the copy
file stage then locks up when it say 'Setup is starting Windows'.
I've switched HD, memory, setup disks, cpu, cables, and still
the same results. Anyone know why might be causing the hangups?

I don't suspect a virus on either of these PC, more of a motherboard
problem but not sure why.

why?

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:07:09 GMT, Rick wrote:

>I've got 2 computers with the exact same problem,
>when I try to install W2K or XP they go through the copy
>file stage then locks up when it say 'Setup is starting Windows'.
>I've switched HD, memory, setup disks, cpu, cables, and still
>the same results. Anyone know why might be causing the hangups?
>
>I don't suspect a virus on either of these PC, more of a motherboard
>problem but not sure why.

www.google.com search for

lockup Setup is starting Windows

less than 2 seconds later,

Windows xp setup freeze
Windows XP Does Not Respond at "Setup Is Starting Windows ... works fine
and setup got past the "setup is starting windows" text screen. ...
http://www.alegsa.com.ar/Visitas/i56...p%20freeze.php - 12k -
Cached - Similar pages

4 seconds after that to read the info

Windows XP Does Not Respond at "Setup Is Starting Windows
XP" Message
http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

The 2 usual and often mentioned XP sites
http://www.aumha.org/
http://www.theeldergeek.com/

Maybe these newsgroup
microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
microsoft.public.win2000.setup
microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment

Have a look through the groups with
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...tup_deployment
http://groups.google.com/group/micro....win2000.setup
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...tup_deployment