Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > how to discover My ISP address?

how to discover My ISP address?

gfxgx

Hi

How could I Know which is my ISP address? Could it be by using the Command
"ping"?

Old Gringo

gfxgx wrote:
> Hi
>
> How could I Know which is my ISP address? Could it be by using the Command
> "ping"?

Below is the address of your ISP:

1000, de La Gauchetière Ouest
Bureau 3700
Montréal (Québec)
H3B 4Y7
--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

why?

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 15:45:28 -0400, gfxgx wrote:

>Hi
>
>How could I Know which is my ISP address? Could it be by using the Command

Figure out the name of your ISP first.

>"ping"?

No, to ping something you need to know it's name or IP address first.

View the headers of your post -

The news server is news20.bellglobal.com (207.35.117,135) , that's using
the nslookup command.

the ISP is sympatico.ca , but that's not an address of anything just a
name,

your post says NNTP-Posting-Host: 65.95.113.60, at the time you posted
it was from - Name: Toronto-HSE-ppp3701311.sympatico.ca

If you mean your IP address of your PC while connected to the ISP, on a
Windows box it's one of -

ipconfig , winipcfg or wntipcfg

while Linux / Unix is

ifconfig

Me

Old Gringo

gfxgx wrote:
> Hi
>
> How could I Know which is my ISP address? Could it be by using the Command
> "ping"?

If you are looking for your IP address, you might find it here.
http://www.broadbandreports.com/whois

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Unk

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 15:45:28 -0400, "gfxgx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>
>How could I Know which is my ISP address? Could it be by using the Command
>"ping"?

http://www.pcmesh.com/ip-check.cgi

JANA

That's a good one!!!

--

JANA
_____

"Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:MqQHe.555$(E-Mail Removed). ..

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Joel Rubin

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 15:45:28 -0400, "gfxgx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>
>How could I Know which is my ISP address? Could it be by using the Command
>"ping"?

If you mean your IP address you can use ipconfig or winipconfig. You
have one or the other.

If you have a DOS-based Windows 9x (e.g. Windows ME) you use
winipconfig.

If you have a version of NT (e.g. Windows XP [which is NT 5.1]) you
open a cmd box and use ipconfig.

Paddy

if you are using Microsoft windows, Click Start, run, then type
"ipconfig" without the quotes.
It will display the ip address you are using.

Shawn

go here, it shows your ip address
http://lawrencegoetz.com/programs/ipinfo/

news:(E-Mail Removed)...