Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > 2 cable modems increase speed one pc

2 cable modems increase speed one pc

ABS

I've got a pc with 2 nics and can use 2 cable modems, so is there a way to
connect both modems and increase download speed? Not sure what to search for
on google or I'd do that first, but I will try. I'm running windows xp pro
sp2.

Smoker~

"ABS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:20050802010807.853$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got a pc with 2 nics and can use 2 cable modems, so is there a way to
> connect both modems and increase download speed? Not sure what to search
> for on google or I'd do that first, but I will try. I'm running windows xp
> pro sp2.

MultiLink allows you to use two separate modems as if they were a single
modem. The MultiLink software configures your modems to collaborate in such
a way that your connection speed is doubled. For example, if you have two
56K modems you'll essentially get a connection speed of 112K.

In order to attain this type of speed, MultiLink intercepts data packets
heading for the Internet, splits them in two, and sends each half of the
packet to a separate modem. Each modem then sends a half packet to the
ISP.................................

I did a Google> using two 56k modems

I didn't read about it, it may be the same type of technology.

ABS

"Smoker~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "ABS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:20050802010807.853$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've got a pc with 2 nics and can use 2 cable modems, so is there a way
>> to connect both modems and increase download speed? Not sure what to
>> search for on google or I'd do that first, but I will try. I'm running
>> windows xp pro sp2.

> MultiLink allows you to use two separate modems as if they were a single
> modem. The MultiLink software configures your modems to collaborate in
> such a way that your connection speed is doubled. For example, if you have
> two 56K modems you'll essentially get a connection speed of 112K.
>
> In order to attain this type of speed, MultiLink intercepts data packets
> heading for the Internet, splits them in two, and sends each half of the
> packet to a separate modem. Each modem then sends a half packet to the
> ISP.................................
>
> I did a Google> using two 56k modems
>
> I didn't read about it, it may be the same type of technology.

Multilink isn't possible.

Dave

Multi-linking two NIC cards isn't possible... You can Bridge them.
only two modems - ISDN or Dialup modems is possible.

"ABS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:20050802024424.525$(E-Mail Removed)...

| "Smoker~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| >
| > "ABS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:20050802010807.853$(E-Mail Removed)...
| >> I've got a pc with 2 nics and can use 2 cable modems, so is there a way
| >> to connect both modems and increase download speed? Not sure what to
| >> search for on google or I'd do that first, but I will try. I'm running
| >> windows xp pro sp2.
| > MultiLink allows you to use two separate modems as if they were a single
| > modem. The MultiLink software configures your modems to collaborate in
| > such a way that your connection speed is doubled. For example, if you
have
| > two 56K modems you'll essentially get a connection speed of 112K.
| >
| > In order to attain this type of speed, MultiLink intercepts data packets
| > heading for the Internet, splits them in two, and sends each half of the
| > packet to a separate modem. Each modem then sends a half packet to the
| > ISP.................................
| >
| > I did a Google> using two 56k modems
| >
| > I didn't read about it, it may be the same type of technology.
| >

| Multilink isn't possible.

ABS

news:cMJHe.231$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Multi-linking two NIC cards isn't possible... You can Bridge them.
> only two modems - ISDN or Dialup modems is possible.
>

> "ABS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:20050802024424.525$(E-Mail Removed)...
> |
> | "Smoker~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | >
> | > "ABS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | > news:20050802010807.853$(E-Mail Removed)...
> way
> running
> | > MultiLink allows you to use two separate modems as if they were a
> single
> | > modem. The MultiLink software configures your modems to collaborate in
> | > such a way that your connection speed is doubled. For example, if you
> have
> | > two 56K modems you'll essentially get a connection speed of 112K.
> | >
> | > In order to attain this type of speed, MultiLink intercepts data
> packets
> | > heading for the Internet, splits them in two, and sends each half of
> the
> | > packet to a separate modem. Each modem then sends a half packet to the
> | > ISP.................................
> | >
> | > I did a Google> using two 56k modems
> | >
> | > I didn't read about it, it may be the same type of technology.
> | >

> | Multilink isn't possible.

Ya, bridging won't do it either. i need aggregating and stuff like that i
have learned. i downloaded and installed intergate, but the server pc it is
on can't connect to the net except the routing function. so i can't open IE
and surf on the same pc right now. i don't know how. anyhow it's something
they will have to tell me. i still would like to try other software.

shawnews

Test