Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > leaving mail on server...?.

leaving mail on server...?.

Fido

how do I change the amount of time that I want my mail to be left on the
server?

Old Gringo

Fido wrote:
> how do I change the amount of time that I want my mail to be left on the
> server?

Open OE, select the tools tab at the top then select accounts. Then
select your mail account, then select properties on the right. then
select the advanced tap at the top. There you will find the settings
for leaving messages on server. Good Luck

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

why?

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:13:08 -0700, Fido wrote:

>how do I change the amount of time that I want my mail to be left on the
>server?

That may depend on your mail provider and the application you use for
mail , you interestingly (but not enough) didn't mention what either
are.

If it's OE6 try the Help files.

If it's OE6 and the above hasn't already worked for you,

Tools / Accounts / <select the mail account you wan to change settings
for> / Properties / Advanced / Delivery

Tick - Leave a copy of messages on server

Set the options you require.

If it isn't OE6 , it's most likely very similar options.

Me

Top

> how do I change the amount of time that I want my mail to be left on the
> server?

That's up to the server, not you. You can chose to leave a copy on the
server but the server software will actually determine how long it
stays. A lot of cases, unless you leave a copy there, it will be
deleted shortly after you d/l it though.

Top

s_powelson

Thanks, I knew that at one time...but senility is rearing it's hoary
head...

s_powelson wrote:
> Thanks, I knew that at one time...but senility is rearing it's hoary
> head...
> On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 09:24:07 -0700, Old Gringo
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Fido wrote:
>>
>>> how do I change the amount of time that I want my mail to be left on
>>> the server?
>>>

>> Open OE, select the tools tab at the top then select accounts. Then
>> select your mail account, then select properties on the right. then
>> select the advanced tap at the top. There you will find the settings
>> for leaving messages on server. Good Luck

Short term memory banks shot here I have to repeat each step as I
go and I haven't used OE for over a year now.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

old jon

"Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:brKHe.2346$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> s_powelson wrote:
>> Thanks, I knew that at one time...but senility is rearing it's hoary
>> head...
>> On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 09:24:07 -0700, Old Gringo
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Open OE, select the tools tab at the top then select accounts. Then
>>> select your mail account, then select properties on the right. then
>>> select the advanced tap at the top. There you will find the settings
>>> for leaving messages on server. Good Luck
>>>

> Short term memory banks shot here I have to repeat each step as I go
> and I haven't used OE for over a year now.

Don`t worry G. It`s just a case of another brain cell dying. Join the club.
<g>.

> --
> Old Gringo George
> Magic Weaver Of Life
> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
> Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-Industries.com>

Old Gringo

old jon wrote:
> "Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:brKHe.2346$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>
>>s_powelson wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks, I knew that at one time...but senility is rearing it's hoary
>>>head...

>>Short term memory banks shot here I have to repeat each step as I go
>>and I haven't used OE for over a year now.
>>

> Don`t worry G. It`s just a case of another brain cell dying. Join the club.
> <g>.
>

>>--
>>Old Gringo George
>>Magic Weaver Of Life
>>Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
>>Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-Industries.com>

LOL Hi Jon. Some one told me that about 20,000 die each day of
natural causes.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Raise event when leaving Textbox tshad ASP .Net 2 02-04-2005 12:10 AM
Determine if an image has focus after leaving another image. Thomasa Gregg ASP .Net 1 06-28-2004 04:31 PM
Leaving a Page brian ASP .Net 4 06-12-2004 01:12 AM
Create cookie in what event when leaving page? Rich ASP .Net 1 02-20-2004 11:13 PM
Module to notify application when leaving site? Kevin Burton ASP .Net 2 11-01-2003 07:52 PM

Advertisments