Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > ask for help :simulation problem

ask for help :simulation problem

smilebamboo

I am using XILINX ISE 6.1 and Modelsim_xe for simulation. when I run the
simulation I get follwoing warning.

Warning: There is an 'U'|'X'|'W'|'Z'|'-' in an arithmetic operand, the
result will be 'X'(es).

Now when I see the WAVE window I get 'Z' in every signal. How do I find
out what is creating the problem.

Thanks for any help.

smilebamboo

anupam

Hi S,
It seems that u hv not initialised the all signal , variables or ports.
With this error u will be getting the time also at which the error is
generated. U can check the signal at that time in your sim window.
further if u r using async reset , then pl assign a value to each n every
signal, var or o/p in that particular process at reset.
Hope that it will be helpfull.
Regards

smilebamboo

Thank you again!
And now I have known what is the wrong !
Happy to everybody!

a problem ask for help smellcode Ruby 0 05-27-2008 04:28 AM
Ask for help. Boost Thread Problem with VS 2005 Lighter C++ 4 07-13-2006 02:58 PM
ask for help Glyn MCSD 1 07-26-2003 01:09 AM
Re: ask for help Luciano Criscola MCSD 0 07-25-2003 02:26 AM
Problem not solved, ask for help again: Cannot open or create any web applicatoin! CM ASP .Net 4 07-02-2003 08:54 PM

Advertisments