Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: have we killed it??

Re: have we killed it??

pcbutts1

mooby, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Blokey and I have been building a new PC.

Really? You have been building a new pc?

> So we built the last two Pcs with no problems so of course thought we
> were clever enough for the next.

My IQ is 321,432,987,428,803,317,609,914,538. But I also tell porkies.

> But now we have hit several problems and our fragile knowledge has
> cracked.

Now you're ruined.

> This may just demonstate a fatal catalogue of errors and you might be
> thinking what have these morons done, but please help!

Politeness will get you nowhere.

> Finally got the new beastie to post and got windows going and drivers

And your research is based on what?

> Hoorah!

I saw it on your little sign.

> Then moved it, restarted it and windows decided to hang at the screen
> with the green bar.

Pass the bottle.

> Why why why!

Why are you telling me this?

> Tried several times, went to Safe mode, removed drivers, went back to
> initial system set up, with no luck, and then it started just resetting
> before it even got that far.

Just because I was honest one time doesn't mean I'll be honest again.

> So he thinks, i will reboot from windows disc and start all over again.

Yes, again. And I might do it again and again and again and again.

> This is just a software issue.

Just don't peek under the blanket.

> But then a blue screen of death meant he couldnt even get to install
> windows.

Your computer is not interacting.

> (didnt see this so dont know what it said exactly) Now, this could have
> been the straw that broke the camels back.

It's all fake.

> He moved the Cmos jumper, with the idea of starting from everything from
> scratch again.

Yes, again. And I might do it again and again and again and again.

> And now it wont post.

Now you can endure your own suffering.

> The mobo has that handy digital display to show what stage it stops in
> the post sequence- sometimes it goes to C5, a lot of the time stops at
> 0.4 (thats not even in the manual!

VMS? Yuck!

> ) What on earth has happened and what can we do to fix it?

It's uncanny.

> Please help!

Politeness will get you nowhere.

> (sob) [IDIOTICON]

I like you when you use [IDIOTICON]s. People say I've no taste, but I like
you.