Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > bios recovery

bios recovery

Render Me

stealing IP addresses is illegal and I will not be explaining how to do it
here
"usr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dchka7$7l7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I have a k7n2 delta2 platinum board. As I was installing sonicstage 3.1
> my system froze. Ok i said I'll reboot. Nothing I hit the power switch

again
> and I kinda got a post then it froze again. A couple of more attempts and

> got asked for a drive A I think. funny as I don't have a floppy drive and
> have that option disabled in the bios.
> I have cleared the cmos but still get nothing. nothing I mean no post
> nothing on screen. There is power to everything I have internal lights on
> graphic cards fans run on everything that there supposed too run on.
> I think that I have to flash my bios but am unsure which bios to use. I
> don't recall the bios version that I'm running. So can someone tell me
> which I should use. Those that I've looked at from msi tell me that this
> bios should not be used from a floppy disk( 6570vB5.zip).
> Any help given thanks.

Terra Prime

usr wrote:
> Hi
> I have a k7n2 delta2 platinum board. As I was installing sonicstage
> 3.1
> my system froze. Ok i said I'll reboot. Nothing I hit the power
> switch again and I kinda got a post then it froze again. A couple of
> more attempts and I got asked for a drive A I think. funny as I don't
> have a floppy drive and have that option disabled in the bios.
> I have cleared the cmos but still get nothing. nothing I mean no post
> nothing on screen. There is power to everything I have internal
> lights on graphic cards fans run on everything that there supposed
> too run on.
> I think that I have to flash my bios but am unsure which bios to use.
> I don't recall the bios version that I'm running. So can someone tell
> me which I should use. Those that I've looked at from msi tell me
> that this bios should not be used from a floppy disk( 6570vB5.zip).
> Any help given thanks.

Check your mobo manufacturer's website for the latest BIOS for your specific
motherboard.... download it and flash the bios...

Terra Prime

Terra Prime wrote:
> usr wrote:
>> Hi
>> I have a k7n2 delta2 platinum board. As I was installing sonicstage
>> 3.1
>> my system froze. Ok i said I'll reboot. Nothing I hit the power
>> switch again and I kinda got a post then it froze again. A couple of
>> more attempts and I got asked for a drive A I think. funny as I don't
>> have a floppy drive and have that option disabled in the bios.
>> I have cleared the cmos but still get nothing. nothing I mean no post
>> nothing on screen. There is power to everything I have internal
>> lights on graphic cards fans run on everything that there supposed
>> too run on.
>> I think that I have to flash my bios but am unsure which bios to use.
>> I don't recall the bios version that I'm running. So can someone tell
>> me which I should use. Those that I've looked at from msi tell me
>> that this bios should not be used from a floppy disk( 6570vB5.zip).
>> Any help given thanks.

> Check your mobo manufacturer's website for the latest BIOS for your
> specific motherboard.... download it and flash the bios...

forgot to add..... please fix your computers clock.......

philo

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 09:37:54 -0700, usr wrote:

> Hi
> I have a k7n2 delta2 platinum board. As I was installing sonicstage 3.1
> my system froze. Ok i said I'll reboot. Nothing I hit the power switch again
> and I kinda got a post then it froze again. A couple of more attempts and I
> got asked for a drive A I think. funny as I don't have a floppy drive and
> have that option disabled in the bios.
> I have cleared the cmos but still get nothing. nothing I mean no post
> nothing on screen. There is power to everything I have internal lights on
> graphic cards fans run on everything that there supposed too run on.
> I think that I have to flash my bios but am unsure which bios to use. I
> don't recall the bios version that I'm running. So can someone tell me
> which I should use. Those that I've looked at from msi tell me that this
> bios should not be used from a floppy disk( 6570vB5.zip).
> Any help given thanks.

if you have wiped out your bios...
you may have to consult the mobo's mfg to see if you can get a replacement.
it's a little hard to tell from your wording exactly what you have done...
but if you are prompted for your A: drive it's possible that your bios has
a failsafe floppy seek in order to allow reflashing. (that's not normally
the case but you may be lucky)
if so...you will need to download the bios flash...
and to at least temporarily install a floppy drive.

Buffalo

What OS are you using?
If you are using an OS with a 'recovery' program that can be use at boot-up, it
might be worth a try, if you can get to it.
Perhaps try posting in an MSI motherboard newsgroup.

"usr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:dchka7$7l7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I have a k7n2 delta2 platinum board. As I was installing sonicstage 3.1
> my system froze. Ok i said I'll reboot. Nothing I hit the power switch again
> and I kinda got a post then it froze again. A couple of more attempts and I
> got asked for a drive A I think. funny as I don't have a floppy drive and
> have that option disabled in the bios.
> I have cleared the cmos but still get nothing. nothing I mean no post
> nothing on screen. There is power to everything I have internal lights on
> graphic cards fans run on everything that there supposed too run on.
> I think that I have to flash my bios but am unsure which bios to use. I
> don't recall the bios version that I'm running. So can someone tell me
> which I should use. Those that I've looked at from msi tell me that this
> bios should not be used from a floppy disk( 6570vB5.zip).
> Any help given thanks.

usr

[...]

Toolman Tim

HARRRRRR!!!

A little deja vu there, eh?

"Render Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HyYGe.2204$(E-Mail Removed)...
> stealing IP addresses is illegal and I will not be explaining how to do it
> here
> "usr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dchka7$7l7$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi
>> I have a k7n2 delta2 platinum board. As I was installing sonicstage 3.1
>> my system froze. Ok i said I'll reboot. Nothing I hit the power switch

> again
>> and I kinda got a post then it froze again. A couple of more attempts and

>> got asked for a drive A I think. funny as I don't have a floppy drive and
>> have that option disabled in the bios.
>> I have cleared the cmos but still get nothing. nothing I mean no post
>> nothing on screen. There is power to everything I have internal lights on
>> graphic cards fans run on everything that there supposed too run on.
>> I think that I have to flash my bios but am unsure which bios to use. I
>> don't recall the bios version that I'm running. So can someone tell me
>> which I should use. Those that I've looked at from msi tell me that this
>> bios should not be used from a floppy disk( 6570vB5.zip).
>> Any help given thanks.

Secret Squiddle

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> What OS are you using?
> If you are using an OS with a 'recovery' program that can be use at
> boot-up, it
> might be worth a try, if you can get to it.
> Perhaps try posting in an MSI motherboard newsgroup.

Why would a OS recovery program reflash the bios?

**SS**

Buffalo

"Secret Squiddle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42ed306f$0$6015$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > What OS are you using?
> > If you are using an OS with a 'recovery' program that can be use at
> > boot-up, it
> > might be worth a try, if you can get to it.
> > Perhaps try posting in an MSI motherboard newsgroup.

> Why would a OS recovery program reflash the bios?
>
> **SS**

It won't, but how can you be sure the BIOS is corrupt and not some software
problem as it happened while he was installing a program?

Toolman Tim

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Secret Squiddle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:42ed306f$0$6015$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> > What OS are you using?
>> > If you are using an OS with a 'recovery' program that can be use at
>> > boot-up, it
>> > might be worth a try, if you can get to it.
>> > Perhaps try posting in an MSI motherboard newsgroup.

>> Why would a OS recovery program reflash the bios?
>>
>> **SS**

> It won't, but how can you be sure the BIOS is corrupt and not some
> software
> problem as it happened while he was installing a program?

Some bad software installation isn't going to prevent a POST. A corrupt
BIOS, loose component, bad mobo, bad PS or something like that will prevent
a POST. Either way, I wouldn't be playing around with a BIOS flash until it
was proven that it is the last thing possible to try.