Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Blue screen of death

Blue screen of death

DRVNGUY

I was surfing the epinions site for new cpus ,and all of a sudden i clicked
on a link for a review my system flashed me a blue screen with stop code on
it and re-booted itself ...is this a memory dump or possibly a hacker attack
?...thanx
I have windows xp pro
athalon xp 2000
asus a7nx-deluxe
1 gb ram OCZ .

lowdes

HACKER!

"DRVNGUY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was surfing the epinions site for new cpus ,and all of a sudden i clicked
>on a link for a review my system flashed me a blue screen with stop code on
>it and re-booted itself ...is this a memory dump or possibly a hacker
>attack ?...thanx
> I have windows xp pro
> athalon xp 2000
> asus a7nx-deluxe
> 1 gb ram OCZ .

DRVNGUY

Funny cause i have zomne alarm pro virus and firewall ..shouldnt it catch
those things ..perhaps i should turn on my windows firewall aswell?.
"lowdes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ADOGe.1547$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
> HACKER!
>
> "DRVNGUY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I was surfing the epinions site for new cpus ,and all of a sudden i
>>clicked on a link for a review my system flashed me a blue screen with
>>stop code on it and re-booted itself ...is this a memory dump or possibly
>>a hacker attack ?...thanx
>> I have windows xp pro
>> athalon xp 2000
>> asus a7nx-deluxe
>> 1 gb ram OCZ .

DRVNGUY

Funny cause i have zomne alarm pro virus and firewall ..shouldnt it catch
those things ..perhaps i should turn on my windows firewall aswell?.
"lowdes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ADOGe.1547$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
> HACKER!
>
> "DRVNGUY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I was surfing the epinions site for new cpus ,and all of a sudden i
>>clicked on a link for a review my system flashed me a blue screen with
>>stop code on it and re-booted itself ...is this a memory dump or possibly
>>a hacker attack ?...thanx
>> I have windows xp pro
>> athalon xp 2000
>> asus a7nx-deluxe
>> 1 gb ram OCZ .

Terra Prime

DRVNGUY wrote:
> I was surfing the epinions site for new cpus ,and all of a sudden i
> clicked on a link for a review my system flashed me a blue screen
> with stop code on it and re-booted itself ...is this a memory dump or
> possibly a hacker attack ?...thanx
> I have windows xp pro
> athalon xp 2000
> asus a7nx-deluxe
> 1 gb ram OCZ .

Please post the error code and I will look it up.

why?

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 13:08:48 -0400, DRVNGUY wrote:

>I was surfing the epinions site for new cpus ,and all of a sudden i clicked
>on a link for a review my system flashed me a blue screen with stop code on
>it and re-booted itself ...is this a memory dump or possibly a hacker attack

If you have memory dump enabled then you will have a dmp file saved.

>?...thanx

What's the difference you had a BSOD, although you didn't include the
stop code, message or info from the event log, provide a URL to the
site, say if your AV / FW logs spotted anything, which browser, service
pack.

>I have windows xp pro
>athalon xp 2000
>asus a7nx-deluxe
>1 gb ram OCZ .

Me

Toolman Tim

"DRVNGUY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was surfing the epinions site for new cpus ,and all of a sudden i clicked
>on a link for a review my system flashed me a blue screen with stop code on
>it and re-booted itself ...is this a memory dump or possibly a hacker
>attack ?...thanx
> I have windows xp pro
> athalon xp 2000
> asus a7nx-deluxe
> 1 gb ram OCZ .

No, it's not a hacker. Its Windows <grin>

Turn off the auto restart...then you can write down stop codes and research
them:

Right click "My computer" select Properties, Advanced Tab, Startup and
Recovery section, click Settings. Under System Failure, uncheck
Automatically Restart

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"DRVNGUY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>I was surfing the epinions site for new cpus ,and all of a sudden i clicked
|>on a link for a review my system flashed me a blue screen with stop code on
|>it and re-booted itself ...is this a memory dump or possibly a hacker attack
|>?...thanx
|>I have windows xp pro
|>athalon xp 2000
|>asus a7nx-deluxe
|>1 gb ram OCZ .

Run (WinKey+R) drwtsn32.exe

Read the application list, it will show you what was responsible.
And as mention'd you can read the DMP file there if you wish.

--
Colour Perception
http://tinyurl.com/3ovoq

Blinky the Shark

http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/winsecurity.jpg

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Walter Mautner

DRVNGUY wrote:

> "lowdes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ADOGe.1547$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
>> HACKER!

> Funny cause i have zomne alarm pro virus and firewall ..shouldnt it catch
> those things ..perhaps i should turn on my windows firewall aswell?.

First, security is not in the first place a matter of av programs, desktop
firewalls and spyware scanners. Instead, it's your mind that has to be
secured instead of lulled by some software and the marketroids selling it.
Actually it's a good thing the airbags in your car are almost invisible but
work when you need them - unlike that software, that always reminds you
"see I'm here, need to be fed (with updates) regularly almost like a
tamagocchi, want my renewal taxes yearly or I expire, and if you are a kind
gullible soul I will protect you".
Some malware is neither a virus nor a trojan, but it may blind your av
scanner and pook a hole through your "firewall" ...

*to*remove*offending*incompatible*products.**Reactivate*MS*software.
Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.12-mm2[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]