Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: DELETE IT!

Re: DELETE IT!

pcbutts1

Help for all, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> This is an update, see last paragraph to learn how to clean out your
> messages.

My job is at the pleasure of Her Majesty.

> If anyone needs detailed instructions just respond and I'll give you
> step-by-step procedures.

If you want to leave, I can guarantee you won't find nobody else like me.

> You can set up rules to delete or block messages based on the content of
> the 'from' section.

Can I really set up rules to delete or block messages based on the content
of the 'from' section?

> Once you create a rule you can modify it to include just names without
> domains.

It is not a question of whether I can modify it to include just names
without domains, but am I going to bother?

> Use tools to modify the rule after you have created one from a message.

One thing after another.

> For example, you can open a message and click on it and add a rule.

I am not so sure I can open a message and click on it and add a rule.

> For example, suppose you have open a message from pcbutts1.

I know what I'm doing.

> Create a rule to delete all messages with whatever 'from' address he is
> using.

Why is he using, all?

> Once the rule (delete) is set, go to tools and add just the first part
> of the name, perhaps pcbutts and then pcbutts1.

Gotos are bad programming style.

> You can then delete the line which contains the original fake email
> address.

Can I really then delete the line which contains the original fake email
address?