Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Media Player

Windows Media Player

Ant

I have a new laptop that will not play mepeg2 files in the media player.
the message I get is that it may not recognise the file type or that a code
dec may be missing. what is a code dec, how do I get one and how do I know
witch one to get?

any help appreciated.

Thanks

Trevor

http://www.elecard.com/products/mpeg2std_encpack.shtml
"Ant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6maGe.5283$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a new laptop that will not play mepeg2 files in the media player.
>the message I get is that it may not recognise the file type or that a code
>dec may be missing. what is a code dec, how do I get one and how do I know
>witch one to get?
>
> any help appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Unk

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:29:06 GMT, "Ant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a new laptop that will not play mepeg2 files in the media player.
>the message I get is that it may not recognise the file type or that a code
>dec may be missing. what is a code dec, how do I get one and how do I know
>witch one to get?
>
>any help appreciated.
>
>Thanks

CODEC - COmpress/DECompress

MPEG2 Decoder Package
http://www.elecard.com/download/

http://video-codec.8m.com/codecs.htm

http://www.xvid.org/
http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

Nimo pack.
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/nimo_pack.html

FFDSHOW.
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/ffdshow.html

Download the MS-MPEG-4v3 codec fix (Win9x/NT4)
on: http://www.moviecodec.com/download/codecs.shtml

Compression Codecs (Huge list)
http://dshow.narod.ru/

Download the K-Lite Codec pack. This contrains the most uptodate video and audio codecs.
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/***********************************mirror.htm

ACE Mega Codec Pack Professional Edition has practically every codec you need or ever wanted.
This contains the latest version of every codec including DivX and XviD.
http://www.sysonline.hu/files/codec/ACEMCP601PRO.exe
http://sq5.onlinedown.net/down/ACEMCP601PRO.exe

http://abmefaq.net for all your Multimedia answers

Audio Codecs Resources