Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > bios options locked

bios options locked

Unk

You're welcome.

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:00:19 +0000 (UTC), "Tab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Unk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:22:35 +0000 (UTC), "Tab"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>"Unk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>>A stupid questionWhat is on board sound ?.With assistance from a friend by
>>>email I formatted drive with Win98 and installed Win Me and now I dont
>>>have
>>>sound or modem.I take it they need drivers but should I have this on board
>>>sound?
>>>

>> On-board sound means that the hardware is built into the motherboard. You
>> don't need a plug-in
>> card. Most newer motherboards come with the sound, video display, modem,
>> and LAN, built into
>> them now.
>>
>> Older operating systems like Win98 and WinME didn't have the drivers built
>> into them.
>> WinXP does. So, you will need to find the drivers you need and install
>> them manually.
>> They usually came on a CD that was shipped with the motherboard.
>>
>> Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, "Hardware" tab, and click
>> the "Device Manager"
>> button. If there are any yellow question or exclamation marks ( ? ! ),
>> they're items you don't
>> have the drivers for.
>>
>> Thanks Unk That cleared things up for nicely for me.

focusmarketing.co focusmarketing.co is offline
Junior Member

New from Focus Marketing a "soft-reset" of your BIOS. We have tested this software thoroughly to make sure that it will not harm your BIOS.
BIOS Buster is a simple, yet effective tool for removing the BIOS supervisor password locks from certain laptop computers. We are going to be updating the list of compatible models continuously. It will only work on the models we list below! Do not purchase this if your laptop is not listed below. We guarantee compatibility because have tested each of these models ourselves. Your laptop must still be able to boot from CD-ROM for this product to function. Please contact us if you have any questions!
Take the time to just check it out and see if it would prove useful to you.

Sincerely,
John Masson
Focus Marketing
BIOS Buster

Old Laptop Downgrade With A Locked BIOS Computer Support 13 04-30-2009 01:31 PM
Locked Out of Your PC by a BIOS or Operating System Password? Nethopperz Computer Information 2 09-27-2007 05:43 PM
Internet Explorer problem...locked out of options mvccerase Computer Support 2 07-17-2004 09:20 PM
Internet Explorer problem...locked out of options mvccerase Computer Support 0 07-17-2004 08:56 PM