Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Burn a DVD using Nero in a non-DVD-burner pc

Burn a DVD using Nero in a non-DVD-burner pc

Ran Chermesh

Hi,
I'm trying to move some DVD games from my laptop (IBM Thinkpad T42, XP
Pro, SP2, no DVD burner) to cd disks, which will serve as temporary
storage until I get hold of a DVD burner.
This "temporary storage" idea came into my mind when I read the
following Nero FAQs:

"3. I have Nero/Nero Express installed and a CD recorder connected to
my system. Is there any way to create a DVD image on this system to
burn it with a DVD recorder later?

Yes.
From within Nero Burning ROM go to 'File --> Preferences --> Expert
Features'. Go to the bottom of this page and enable the option for
‘Enable Image Recorder for all supported recorder formats'.
From within Nero Express go to 'More --> Configure --> Expert
Features' and enable the same option.
Now, go to the Compilation window and select the DVD image recorder".

Since the DVD files are currently in an ISO format, I and since Nero
doesn't accept ISO format in their DVD imae recorder option, I tried
to open my files using isobuster.
Well, the first part was easy. Isobuster extracted the ISO part
smoothly. Still, when I tried to extract the UDF files, my
non-registered version of isobuster tated that this option is
available exclusively to registered users (Which I'm not). Same
happened with the IFO files.

My question:
Do you know of a free way of extracting UDF and IFO files?
or alternatively
Do I need these file for future burning of a DVD?

Ran

Unk

On 26 Jul 2005 19:46:46 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Ran Chermesh) wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm trying to move some DVD games from my laptop (IBM Thinkpad T42, XP
>Pro, SP2, no DVD burner) to cd disks, which will serve as temporary
>storage until I get hold of a DVD burner.
>This "temporary storage" idea came into my mind when I read the
>following Nero FAQs:
>
>"3. I have Nero/Nero Express installed and a CD recorder connected to
>my system. Is there any way to create a DVD image on this system to
>burn it with a DVD recorder later?
>
>Yes.
>From within Nero Burning ROM go to 'File --> Preferences --> Expert
>Features'. Go to the bottom of this page and enable the option for
>‘Enable Image Recorder for all supported recorder formats'.
>From within Nero Express go to 'More --> Configure --> Expert
>Features' and enable the same option.
>Now, go to the Compilation window and select the DVD image recorder".
>
>Since the DVD files are currently in an ISO format, I and since Nero
>doesn't accept ISO format in their DVD imae recorder option, I tried
>to open my files using isobuster.
>Well, the first part was easy. Isobuster extracted the ISO part
>smoothly. Still, when I tried to extract the UDF files, my
>non-registered version of isobuster tated that this option is
>available exclusively to registered users (Which I'm not). Same
>happened with the IFO files.
>
>My question:
>Do you know of a free way of extracting UDF and IFO files?
>or alternatively
>Do I need these file for future burning of a DVD?
>
>Ran

Did you try WinISO?
http://www.winiso.com/download.htm

There's no mention of UDF and IFO restrictions in the unregistered version.

forkart

Please try magiciso, http://www.magiciso.com/