Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Partitions

Partitions

Richard & Veronica

I have acquired an old gateway solo laptop with an approx 11gb hard drive. I
installed windows XP on it only to find that said hard drive was partitioned
to 2 gb and a 9 gb with the 2 gb the main drive. I have tried to delete the
big drive so it would attach to the smaller but so far I've had no luck and
windows is telling me that my disk space is dangerously low.
Can anyone please tell me where I'm going wrong and how to put it right?
I would really appreciate some serious help
TIA
Veronica

Render Me

Partiton Magic. or reinstall XP and delete both partitons, then create one
partition.

"Richard & Veronica" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dc5sr4$glr$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have acquired an old gateway solo laptop with an approx 11gb hard drive.

> installed windows XP on it only to find that said hard drive was

partitioned
> to 2 gb and a 9 gb with the 2 gb the main drive. I have tried to delete

the
> big drive so it would attach to the smaller but so far I've had no luck

and
> windows is telling me that my disk space is dangerously low.
> Can anyone please tell me where I'm going wrong and how to put it right?
> I would really appreciate some serious help
> TIA
> Veronica

Shepİ

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:04:48 -0400 As Androids Dreamed Of Electric
Sheep and then "Render Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>Partiton Magic. or reinstall XP and delete both partitons, then create one
>partition.
>
>"Richard & Veronica" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:dc5sr4$glr$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have acquired an old gateway solo laptop with an approx 11gb hard drive.

>> installed windows XP on it only to find that said hard drive was

>partitioned
>> to 2 gb and a 9 gb with the 2 gb the main drive. I have tried to delete

>the
>> big drive so it would attach to the smaller but so far I've had no luck

>and
>> windows is telling me that my disk space is dangerously low.
>> Can anyone please tell me where I'm going wrong and how to put it right?
>> I would really appreciate some serious help
>> TIA
>> Veronica

What he said

--
Free Windows/PC help,

Dave Lear

"Richard & Veronica" wrote in message news:dc5sr4$glr$(E-Mail Removed)

> I have acquired an old gateway solo laptop with an approx 11gb
> hard drive. I installed windows XP on it only to find that said hard
> drive was partitioned to 2 gb and a 9 gb with the 2 gb the main drive.
> I have tried to delete the big drive so it would attach to the smaller but
> so far I've had no luck and windows is telling me that my disk space
> is dangerously low. Can anyone please tell me where I'm going wrong
> and how to put it right? I would really appreciate some serious help

How to install or upgrade to Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316941

How to partition and format a hard disk in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313348

How to install and use the Recovery Console in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307654

How to use Disk Management to configure basic disks in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309000

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals
and Developers