Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Registry scan worth paying for?

Registry scan worth paying for?

Fred

I notice heaps of registry mechanic and scandoctors and other fancy names.
They all find hundreds of problems and want me to buy their programsto
repair things. Are these things any good, and if so which is best??? Any
ideas.

joevan

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:02:15 +1200, "Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I notice heaps of registry mechanic and scandoctors and other fancy names.
>They all find hundreds of problems and want me to buy their programsto
>repair things. Are these things any good, and if so which is best??? Any
>ideas.

Good for them. That is its good for them if you give them money. They
love it.
I been using Microsoft RegClean for years. I keep the undo file around
for weeks before deleting them. If any problem just double click it
and it goes back where it was. Never had a problem to date.

and for the same reason."

pcbutts1

Shepİ, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> There are better,"Freeware"alternatives.

Better late than never.

Yes, but don't forget that you're a ****wit.

> both free and work with all versions of Windows and also,"Regscrub" for
> winXP, http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/freeprog.html
> http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Reviews/r882.html So the
> answer to your question is,"No" [IDIOTICON]

Why do you use [IDIOTICON]s, Shepİ? Are you obsequious?

Secret Squiddle

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42e60a2a$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I notice heaps of registry mechanic and scandoctors and other fancy names.
>They all find hundreds of problems and want me to buy their programsto
>repair things. Are these things any good, and if so which is best??? Any
>ideas.

All snake oil. Use CCleaner (free) and Winpatrol (also free)

Google is your friend

**SS**

Shepİ

--
Free Windows/PC help,

Top (retired)

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:42e60a2a$(E-Mail Removed):

> I notice heaps of registry mechanic and scandoctors and other
> fancy names. They all find hundreds of problems and want me to buy
> their programsto repair things. Are these things any good, and if
> so which is best??? Any ideas.

Which is the best model of car?

--
Freedom is never free....