Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IcyBox enclosures?

IcyBox enclosures?

Fred

Kenny, <(E-Mail Removed)>, whose name means "has steep, backward-sloping
forhead; feels sorry for himself", dispensed:

> Anyone else using one of these?

Imaginative, to say the least.

> Bought 2 identical Maxtor 160GB HDD's, fitted one internally as Primary
> Slave and the other externally in the IcyBox USB 2 enclosure.

And then you're in a coffin in the middle of the room?

> The one in the IcyBox failed and I'm waiting for an RMA at present.

Why are you waiting for an rma at present?

> The one in the IcyBox always seemed very warm, could it be that the heat
> caused it to fail or was I just unlucky?

Just eat red meat.

Kenny

Anyone else using one of these? Bought 2 identical Maxtor 160GB HDD's,

--
Kenny Cargill

old jon

news:dc02rd$uoe$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone else using one of these? Bought 2 identical Maxtor 160GB HDD's,
> fitted one internally as Primary Slave and the other externally in the
> IcyBox USB 2 enclosure.
> The one in the IcyBox failed and I'm waiting for an RMA at present.
> The one in the IcyBox always seemed very warm, could it be that the heat
> caused it to fail or was I just unlucky?
>
> --
> Kenny Cargill

Hi Ken, Got the 200GB Maxtor in mine, stays cool all the time. I use it
mainly as a backup store, and on a seperate AC socket, so it doesn`t run all
the time. Also I lay mine flat, not on edge. at least yours was still in
warrantee. <g>.
best wishes..OJ