Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > how to install 2HDD?

how to install 2HDD?

Sky

Hope to have some advise on ,how to install 2 HDD to my system with 2 OS of
my choice during startup.1 may configure as a Master while the other Slave.
THX.

Toolman Tim

"Sky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dbtonq$lh7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hope to have some advise on ,how to install 2 HDD to my system with 2 OS
> of my choice during startup.1 may configure as a Master while the other
> Slave.
> THX.

If you need a dual boot of Windows, the earlier version of the OS must be
installed first, then the second OS. If you are adding Linux, it won't
matter...there are boot managers for that.

So, if you're doing two Windows, the older must be installed on the existing
drive. Then you can add the second hard drive and choose that drive during
the setup for the newer version of Windows.

If you're doing Linux, you should be able to hook up the drive and tell
Linux to install to that new drive. Partition as needed - Linux users prefer
separate OS, swap, and data partitions. (Well, some Windows users do to...)
I'd suggest you do some extra reading on dual boot setups with Linux (and on
partition use) before you get started.