Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Lotus Wordpro 97

Lotus Wordpro 97

harrythebrod

Please help
I've just gone on to Windows XP after Using W98SE for years and now find
some programmes just won't work, Lotus Wordpro 97 being one of them. So far
I haven't been able to find an update to correct this problem, any ideas?
Many thanks in anticipation.

Toolman Tim

"harrythebrod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dbtmqo$2vk$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> Please help
> I've just gone on to Windows XP after Using W98SE for years and now find
> some programmes just won't work, Lotus Wordpro 97 being one of them. So
> far I haven't been able to find an update to correct this problem, any
> ideas?
> Many thanks in anticipation.

What is wrong? Error messages?

I've not had any problems whatsoever using WordPro ME on XP. When installing
the full suite, there is a message that Aproach is not compatible. Since I
don't use Approach, I install without it (123, WordPro, Freelance, etc.)

IBM is currently selling Lotus SmartSuite 9.8 which is supposed to have
resolved the difficulties with XP:
http://www.lotus.com/products/product2.nsf/wdocs/ssfacthttp://www.lotus.com/products/product2.nsf/wdocs/ssfact>

So go shopping:
http://www.clickcooldeals.com/show_d...php?item_id=36
http://www.westgatemedia.com/products/lotus_smart98.php

Search Google for Lotus SmartSuite ME 9.8 and you'll find lots of other
retailers.

mcgahon@gmail.com

You could try "right clicking" on the Wordpro icon, tabbing to
"compatablility" where you will find a "compatibility" menu, using this
you can elect to run in Windows 98 mode.

It dosen't work for everything, and I have had no experience with Lotus
in Win XP, but give it a go and see what happens.

If not, why not try Star office, a cheaper alternative to MS products,
which you can evalute here:
http://www.sun.com/software/star/sta...index.xml#eval

Good Luck,
Niall

DJSim

You can also download OpenOffice which is free.

http://www.openoffice.org

Sim

"harrythebrod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dbtmqo$2vk$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> Please help
> I've just gone on to Windows XP after Using W98SE for years and now find
> some programmes just won't work, Lotus Wordpro 97 being one of them. So
> far I haven't been able to find an update to correct this problem, any
> ideas?
> Many thanks in anticipation.

wanadoo

I'm running Wordpro on XP with no problem, though as someone said, Approach
won't.

Try uninstalling and reinstall. It might work, you never know!

--
Richard Woollacott
Please look at http://www.sri-lanka.org.uk

"DJSim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KTtEe.6149$(E-Mail Removed)...
> You can also download OpenOffice which is free.
>
> http://www.openoffice.org
>
> Sim
>
> "harrythebrod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dbtmqo$2vk$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
>> Please help
>> I've just gone on to Windows XP after Using W98SE for years and now find
>> some programmes just won't work, Lotus Wordpro 97 being one of them. So
>> far I haven't been able to find an update to correct this problem, any
>> ideas?
>> Many thanks in anticipation.

Toolman Tim

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> You could try "right clicking" on the Wordpro icon, tabbing to
> "compatablility" where you will find a "compatibility" menu, using this
> you can elect to run in Windows 98 mode.
>
> It dosen't work for everything, and I have had no experience with Lotus
> in Win XP, but give it a go and see what happens.
>
> If not, why not try Star office, a cheaper alternative to MS products,
> which you can evalute here:
> http://www.sun.com/software/star/sta...index.xml#eval

Lotus software (including WordPro) *IS* a low cost alternative to MS
products.

Roger K

>> "harrythebrod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:dbtmqo$2vk$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
>>> Please help
>>> I've just gone on to Windows XP after Using W98SE for years and now find
>>> some programmes just won't work, Lotus Wordpro 97 being one of them. So
>>> far I haven't been able to find an update to correct this problem, any
>>> ideas?
>>> Many thanks in anticipation.

I find WordPro, Approach and 1-2-3 run OK in XP providing I do NOT try using
compatibility mode and that I install into C:\Lotus.
Compat mode makes them crash on my system.
Roger

Toolman Tim

"Roger K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OYvEe.1352$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "harrythebrod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:dbtmqo$2vk$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
>>>>

> I find WordPro, Approach and 1-2-3 run OK in XP providing I do NOT try
> using
> compatibility mode and that I install into C:\Lotus.
> Compat mode makes them crash on my system.
> Roger

Nice to know - I seldom suggest compatibility mode either. And while I don't
use Approach, I bet any problems with it would be rather minor. But the
latest version 9.8 is inexpensive (about $35 if someone shops around), and
should have fixed any Approach issues.

harrythebrod

Re: Lotus Wordpro 97

Many thanks to everyone for the many helpful replies, however I want to
apologise for not being more explicit, in fact everything seems to work
perfectly until I try to save a document and it's on 'save' or 'save as' all
document files are greyed out.
Thanks again

"harrythebrod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dbtmqo$2vk$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> Please help
> I've just gone on to Windows XP after Using W98SE for years and now find
> some programmes just won't work, Lotus Wordpro 97 being one of them. So
> far I haven't been able to find an update to correct this problem, any
> ideas?
> Many thanks in anticipation.

harrythebrod

Thanks wanadoo, thats cracked it! I did as you suggested, I've uninstalled
and re-installed,
Thanks very much

"wanadoo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dbtq86$heb$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm running Wordpro on XP with no problem, though as someone said,
> Approach won't.
>
> Try uninstalling and reinstall. It might work, you never know!
>
> --
> Richard Woollacott
> Please look at http://www.sri-lanka.org.uk
>
> "DJSim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:KTtEe.6149$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You can also download OpenOffice which is free.
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org
>>
>> Sim
>>
>> "harrythebrod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:dbtmqo$2vk$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
>>> Please help
>>> I've just gone on to Windows XP after Using W98SE for years and now find
>>> some programmes just won't work, Lotus Wordpro 97 being one of them. So
>>> far I haven't been able to find an update to correct this problem, any
>>> ideas?
>>> Many thanks in anticipation.

C# 2.0 (Lotus Notes 6 & 7) Create mail document in draft folder for Lotus Notes SteveM ASP .Net 5 08-28-2007 04:16 PM
Lotus Domino error Ron P Firefox 1 12-22-2004 12:09 AM
Recovering info from Wordpro file Teranews Computer Support 4 07-12-2004 08:10 PM
WordPro Reader Alasdair Baxter Computer Support 1 07-07-2004 12:36 PM
Lotus Wordpro 96 problem........ Bob Computer Support 4 05-10-2004 08:37 PM

Advertisments