Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Rhapsody has stopped my computer from getting online? What to do?

Rhapsody has stopped my computer from getting online? What to do?

Louis M. Mandela

I upgraded to Rhapsody a few days ago and I haven't been able to get
back online since. My DSL box is working properly, and SWB says my
signal is fine.

However, my email won't download mail, my web browsers won't browse,
I can't get online at all. The software has been removed, but I still
can't get online. The web browser says "It can't find the URL on this
server"

I'm using about a 1.4GHZ computer with about 512k ram and Windows XP
home. I ran about five different virus and other Spyware programs. The
computer is clean!

Zone Alarm 5.5 doesn't seem to be blocking any of them. I tried to
remove Norton Internet Security, but it requires me to login and give
it a password. I don't remember doing that when I bought it.

I;ve tried everything I can think of short of reformatting the hard
drive. Does anyone know a way around this?

Peace

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Louis M. Mandela <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Maybe opening a command window and typing in:
ipconfig /flushdns

|>I upgraded to Rhapsody a few days ago and I haven't been able to get
|>back online since. My DSL box is working properly, and SWB says my
|>signal is fine.
|>
|> However, my email won't download mail, my web browsers won't browse,
|>I can't get online at all. The software has been removed, but I still
|>can't get online. The web browser says "It can't find the URL on this
|>server"
|>

|>I'm using about a 1.4GHZ computer with about 512k ram and Windows XP
|>home. I ran about five different virus and other Spyware programs. The
|>computer is clean!
|>
|>Zone Alarm 5.5 doesn't seem to be blocking any of them. I tried to
|>remove Norton Internet Security, but it requires me to login and give
|>it a password. I don't remember doing that when I bought it.
|>
|>I;ve tried everything I can think of short of reformatting the hard
|>drive. Does anyone know a way around this?
|>
|>Peace

Louis M. Mandela

Ok thanks,

I'll give that a try subito!