Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Add new hardware wizard, Win XP Pro sp2

Add new hardware wizard, Win XP Pro sp2

AugustWest@yahoo.com

Even though my Canon multipass C555 printer is already up and running
with a USB hook-up, every time I start windows the add new hardware
wizard tries to install it again. Any easy way to stop this? TIA

crazytexan

Try this link below, it give info about found new hardware wizard when
the computer starts up

> Even though my Canon multipass C555 printer is already up and running
> with a USB hook-up, every time I start windows the add new hardware
> wizard tries to install it again. Any easy way to stop this? TIA

PC

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Even though my Canon multipass C555 printer is already up and running
> with a USB hook-up, every time I start windows the add new hardware
> wizard tries to install it again. Any easy way to stop this? TIA

Uninstall the present printer driver, disconnect the printer, reboot the pc,
get out the setup instructions and CD that came with the printer, follow
instructions exactly.
(usually install software first, then plug the printer in)

Paul.