Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > WLAN security

WLAN security

Gary

I was setting up my son's laptop for school and a wireless lan he will
use with other guys in an apartment. Before I could do anything here at
home, the computer found 3 other unprotected lans in my immediate
neighborhood which begs the question, what can I do in preparing a
wireless lan that would offer some security from outsiders? Static
addressing comes to mind, but what else?

Duane Arnold

Gary <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in newsOqdncApvO6cMELfRVn-

> I was setting up my son's laptop for school and a wireless lan he will
> use with other guys in an apartment. Before I could do anything here at
> home, the computer found 3 other unprotected lans in my immediate
> neighborhood which begs the question, what can I do in preparing a
> wireless lan that would offer some security from outsiders? Static
> addressing comes to mind, but what else?

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/w...fisecurity.htm

Duane