Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Novell Client 4.92 SP2 and Windows XP SP2

Yogi

I have recently upgraded from windows 2000 to xp sp2.

Before the upgrade I uninstalled the client.

Now after I install the client, the keyboard and mouse freeze when I
hit anything on the keyboard, but the mouse works if I don't hit
anything on the keyboard.

The system was working fine under 2000.

Its a duron 900, 128mb ram and 20gb hdd.

Help

Yogi

Toolman Tim

"Yogi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have recently upgraded from windows 2000 to xp sp2.
>

> Before the upgrade I uninstalled the client.
>

> Now after I install the client, the keyboard and mouse freeze when I
> hit anything on the keyboard, but the mouse works if I don't hit
> anything on the keyboard.
>

> The system was working fine under 2000.
>

> Its a duron 900, 128mb ram and 20gb hdd.

To start with, you don't have near enough memory to run XP with a Novell
client installed, and barely enough processor speed. I won't run anything
less than 1400MHz and 256mb RAM on my workstations at the office. As for
unistalling the client before upgrading, why? And finally, there *IS* no
Novell Client 4.92. The current version is 4.91. I believe you are talking
about 4.90 with SP2. If so, download the latest client from
http://download.novell.com and try that.

FWIW, I never do upgrades. I'd rather backup my data (network has tape, or
network home folder, or PC has CD writer, etc.), erase the hard drive, and
do a clean install. That way there are no conflicts caused by 1) problems
with the original OS, 2) incompatibilities with the existing software.