Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cannot perform the scandisk

Cannot perform the scandisk

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Hi,

I trying to scan my hard drive but it would not start. What shall I do
to scan the Hard drive?

I use Win 98SE.

Rajinder

Evan Platt

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:25:54 GMT, "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I trying to scan my hard drive but it would not start.

Does it give an error? Have you tried rebooting?

Yddap

In news:mWuDe.4290$(E-Mail Removed),
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt <(E-Mail Removed)> opined very
noisily:
> Hi,
>
> I trying to scan my hard drive but it would not start. What shall I
> do to scan the Hard drive?
>
> I use Win 98SE.
>
> Rajinder

Do it in "Safe Mode"
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

Render Me

Use 80 grit sandpaper.

"Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:mWuDe.4290$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I trying to scan my hard drive but it would not start. What shall I do
> to scan the Hard drive?
>
> I use Win 98SE.
>
> Rajinder

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Hi,

It does not show any error but just keep on trying. Then even after 10
times, I say "no" and even then it does not work.

Rajinder

"Yddap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:F8vDe.74021$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> In news:mWuDe.4290$(E-Mail Removed),
> Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt <(E-Mail Removed)> opined very
> noisily:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I trying to scan my hard drive but it would not start. What shall I
> > do to scan the Hard drive?
> >
> > I use Win 98SE.
> >
> > Rajinder

> Do it in "Safe Mode"
> --
>
> Yddap
> Remove guts to reply

Paul B.

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I trying to scan my hard drive but it would not start. What
> shall I do to scan the Hard drive?
>
> I use Win 98SE.
>
> Rajinder

Do it in safe mode, command line only. type scandisk /? to see
options.

p.