Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Is it possible to impliment Blockram with a reset?

Is it possible to impliment Blockram with a reset?

RaymondCaleatry

I am using the Xilinx webpack software, and have implimented a basic single
port blockram, however, if i try to add any reset functionality, the
Xilinx webpack synthesizer complains that it is no longer block ram. Is
there any way to reset block ram to pre-deturmined settings.

Raymond
process (PCI_CLK)
begin
if (PCI_CLK'event and PCI_CLK = '1') then
if (we = '1') then
CONFIG_SPACE(conv_integer(a)) <= di;
end if;
read_a <= a;
end if;
end process;

spo <= CONFIG_SPACE(conv_integer(read_a));

end syn;

Tim Hubberstey

RaymondCaleatry wrote:
> I am using the Xilinx webpack software, and have implimented a basic single
> port blockram, however, if i try to add any reset functionality, the
> Xilinx webpack synthesizer complains that it is no longer block ram. Is
> there any way to reset block ram to pre-deturmined settings.

No. It is possible to specify what values the RAM will contain when it
comes out of configuration but it is not possible to reset the RAM once
the device is in normal operation. This is done either with attributes
in your VHDL or with "INIT" statements in your .UCF file. See the Xilinx
documentation for details.

Xilinx BlockRam: VHDL Model Avion VHDL 2 09-19-2006 05:58 AM
Impliment "Press any key to continue" in console program? Susan Rice C++ 9 07-11-2006 03:58 PM
XML + XSD: Is it possible to get all possible Values for an Element? Markus Java 1 11-22-2005 02:51 PM
Using a BlockRam in an async FIFO for bus width conversion ? Arnaud VHDL 3 06-28-2004 04:33 PM
Help: javascript +noscript for frames how to impliment? William.R.Reisen HTML 2 07-25-2003 08:38 AM

Advertisments