Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Modeling tools for State machines...

Modeling tools for State machines...

Stefan Oedenkoven

Hi ng,

i'm currently searching for a good modeling tool to plan and specify
hardware on an abstract layer (State machine etc.).

I've found iGrafx Flowcharter and use the UML models...
Which tools / standards are you using - any suggestions?

regards,
Stefan

Just an Illusion

Hi Stefan,

You can use esterel-studio from Esterel-Technologies, but you need known
esterel language.
The tool can be generate a vhdl code, but you can design synchronous
system only (a paper on possibility to design a multi-clock system must
be publish at next SAME, but it is hard).

Bye,
JaI

Stefan Oedenkoven wrote:

>Hi ng,
>
>i'm currently searching for a good modeling tool to plan and specify
>hardware on an abstract layer (State machine etc.).
>
>I've found iGrafx Flowcharter and use the UML models...
>Which tools / standards are you using - any suggestions?
>
>regards,
>Stefan

Stefan Oedenkoven

ok thanks,

seems that Visio is almost the same as Flowcharter.... and for Esterel i
didn't find any trials ;-(
i think the UML-Statecharts (originally from David Harel) are
state-of-the-art for visually modeling state machines, right?
Stefan