Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help with Windows startup

Help with Windows startup

khalid El khidir

Hi All,

My computer is running windows XP with SP, whenever I start the OS it goes
up to the Windows XP Logo, and reboot again. I couldn't boot to safe mode
or last know good at all, also I tried the recovery console ..got to the C:
Prompt and did the fixboot command and also MBR command, still no go.

Can anyone help with this matter, am not used to Windows XP that much nor
the recovery console.

Thanks in advance,

Khalid

pcbutts1

khalid El khidir <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi All, My computer is running windows XP with SP, whenever I start the
> OS it goes up to the Windows XP Logo, and reboot again.

Hey, baby. Do you know what a platonic relationship is? That's all I want.

> I couldn't boot to safe mode or last know good at all, also I tried the
> recovery console.

Why did you give up on trying the recovery console?

> got to the C: Prompt and did the fixboot command and also MBR command,
> still no go.

And if you do, watch out.

> Can anyone help with this matter, am not used to Windows XP that much
> nor the recovery console.

Can I help?

> Thanks in advance, Khalid.

Get ****ed in advance.

WormWood

Windows Explorer, C:\ [root directory]. If you find a file named
APPLOG, rename it to APPLOG1, reboot. Good luck

"khalid El khidir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
>
> My computer is running windows XP with SP, whenever I start the OS it
> goes up to the Windows XP Logo, and reboot again. I couldn't boot to
> safe mode or last know good at all, also I tried the recovery console
> ..got to the C: Prompt and did the fixboot command and also MBR
> command, still no go.
>
> Can anyone help with this matter, am not used to Windows XP that much
> nor the recovery console.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Khalid

WormWood

Oops! I forgot you can't get to Windows Explorer. Keep trying to get
Safe Mode.

"WormWood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows Explorer, C:\ [root directory]. If you find a file named
> APPLOG, rename it to APPLOG1, reboot. Good luck
>
> "khalid El khidir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi All,
>>
>> My computer is running windows XP with SP, whenever I start the OS it
>> goes up to the Windows XP Logo, and reboot again. I couldn't boot to
>> safe mode or last know good at all, also I tried the recovery console
>> ..got to the C: Prompt and did the fixboot command and also MBR
>> command, still no go.
>>
>> Can anyone help with this matter, am not used to Windows XP that much
>> nor the recovery console.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Khalid

old jon

"khalid El khidir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
>
> My computer is running windows XP with SP, whenever I start the OS it goes
> up to the Windows XP Logo, and reboot again. I couldn't boot to safe mode
> or last know good at all, also I tried the recovery console ..got to the
> C: Prompt and did the fixboot command and also MBR command, still no go.
>
> Can anyone help with this matter, am not used to Windows XP that much nor
> the recovery console.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Khalid

Do a winXP repair, and go and have a nice cup of tea while it does it.
best wishes..OJ