Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: I/O conflict

Re: I/O conflict

jl

same problem how to fix
"jl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:...
> using win xp pro, pent III 600mz. on bootup the error 'conflict i/o ports
> 2f8' appears. I can hit f1 and continue to boot up. How can I fix this
> conflict, what is this conflict

Larry Crites

Sounds like a conflict with COM port 2, which usually has that memory
address, 2f8, and on IRQ 3. Something else in your system trying to use IRQ
3?

Larry
Behold Beware Believe

"jl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:39dCe.142248$(E-Mail Removed)...
| same problem how to fix
| "jl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:...
| > using win xp pro, pent III 600mz. on bootup the error 'conflict i/o
ports
| > 2f8' appears. I can hit f1 and continue to boot up. How can I fix this
| > conflict, what is this conflict

Blinky the Shark

Larry Crites wrote:

> Sounds like a conflict with COM port 2, which usually has that memory
> address, 2f8, and on IRQ 3. Something else in your system trying to use IRQ
> 3?

Wow. You're giving me flashbacks.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Ben Myers

Restart the computer, go into the BIOS setup and look for COM2
or serial port 2. If you find it, set to "Disabled". Be sure to save
the change when exiting.

Ben

"jl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:39dCe.142248$(E-Mail Removed)...
> same problem how to fix
> "jl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:...
> > using win xp pro, pent III 600mz. on bootup the error 'conflict i/o ports
> > 2f8' appears. I can hit f1 and continue to boot up. How can I fix this
> > conflict, what is this conflict

J-McC

Restart the computer, go into the BIOS setup and look for COM1 and
COM2. I suspect that since this error comes up before any o/s (except
the bios) is loaded that both com ports may be set to the same
address. Even if you had a card with extra serial ports I doubt that
it would be the problem as the drivers for it would not have been
loaded yet. If you have an infrared device installed it uses one of
the com ports but you would see possibly com2 is replaced by the
infrared port. It will be an error in settings in the bios. If it is
too hard to fix then take a note of your Hard drive settings and then
reload default settings, Since it is a Pentium3/600 the bios should
automatically find the settings for your hard drive, what I mean here
is that it is not some antique mainboard!
Good luck, let us all know how you went.
Jim McC. http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>or serial port 2.