Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows XP Pro won't fond my Network Adapter.

Windows XP Pro won't fond my Network Adapter.

Lil Jon

I just reformatted my computer and everything seemed to go fine. Got the
video & sound back to normal. However, whenever I go into Device Manager
so I can update the Network Adapter drivers I see no listing for Network
Adapter. I've reformatted several pc's and each time there was a listing
for Network Adapter. I'm at a loss as what to do. Has this happened to
anyone else? Any help would be appreciated.

Vanguard

"Lil Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:l1GBe.2165$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just reformatted my computer and everything seemed to go fine. Got
>the video & sound back to normal. However, whenever I go into Device
>Manager so I can update the Network Adapter drivers I see no listing
>for Network Adapter. I've reformatted several pc's and each time there
>was a listing for Network Adapter. I'm at a loss as what to do. Has
>this happened to anyone else? Any help would be appreciated.

If it is an onboard device, you'll have to install the chipset drivers
for your motherboard so those devices can be identified.

FML

Lil Jon wrote:
> I just reformatted my computer and everything seemed to go fine. Got the
> video & sound back to normal. However, whenever I go into Device Manager
> so I can update the Network Adapter drivers I see no listing for Network
> Adapter. I've reformatted several pc's and each time there was a listing
> for Network Adapter. I'm at a loss as what to do. Has this happened to
> anyone else? Any help would be appreciated.

A bit more info might be helpful!

What OS? What kind of NIC? a PCI card? built onto the mobo? USB? Wireless?

10_4

"Lil Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:l1GBe.2165$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just reformatted my computer and everything seemed to go fine. Got the
>video & sound back to normal. However, whenever I go into Device Manager so
>I can update the Network Adapter drivers I see no listing for Network
>Adapter. I've reformatted several pc's and each time there was a listing
>for Network Adapter. I'm at a loss as what to do. Has this happened to
>anyone else? Any help would be appreciated.

Look under OTHER in Device Manager and see if anything is there. If so, it
may be labeled as "unknown" or some other term such as "pci card". Will
need to run update driver on that and all should go well. If it is not in
there then you have another problem with PnP on that device!

Good luck!