Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > local port tunneling?

local port tunneling?

hellrazor

Hi,

Is there software that I could install in the client and the server which
will allow me to:

1-Specify which outbound ports in the local machine should be tunneled /
forwarded through port 80. For example, if a program is trying to
communicate to an ouside IP address, using say, port 3630, the program will
intercept this in the local machine, and send the request through port 80

2-At the server side, the software should know that the incoming port 80
request is intended for the port that was initially specified in the client
(i.e.: port 3630).

3-Should be able to handle synchronous / asynchronous communications.

Is it possible? where should I start looking?

Thanks.

Jorge

Duane Arnold

> Is it possible? where should I start looking?

Who knows?

Google and Dogpile.com are your friends.

http://www.sureshotsoftware.com/tcptunnel/

Duane

Superfly

hellrazor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there software that I could install in the client and the server which
> will allow me to:
>
> 1-Specify which outbound ports in the local machine should be tunneled /
> forwarded through port 80. For example, if a program is trying to
> communicate to an ouside IP address, using say, port 3630, the program will
> intercept this in the local machine, and send the request through port 80
>
> 2-At the server side, the software should know that the incoming port 80
> request is intended for the port that was initially specified in the client
> (i.e.: port 3630).
>
> 3-Should be able to handle synchronous / asynchronous communications.
>

> Is it possible? where should I start looking?
>

> Thanks.
>

> Jorge

Sounds like you are trying to use p2p/bit torrent through a corporate
network!!!
You may find that a lot of the companies offering these programs require
you to sign up for a paid service to get the full benefit, otherwise you
get a massive 1k/sec.

hellrazor

Superfly <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:JBTBe.7$(E-Mail Removed):

> hellrazor wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there software that I could install in the client and the server
>> which will allow me to:
>>
>> 1-Specify which outbound ports in the local machine should be
>> tunneled / forwarded through port 80. For example, if a program is
>> trying to communicate to an ouside IP address, using say, port 3630,
>> the program will intercept this in the local machine, and send the
>> request through port 80
>>
>> 2-At the server side, the software should know that the incoming port
>> 80 request is intended for the port that was initially specified in
>> the client (i.e.: port 3630).
>>
>> 3-Should be able to handle synchronous / asynchronous communications.
>>

>> Is it possible? where should I start looking?
>>

>> Thanks.
>>

>> Jorge

> Sounds like you are trying to use p2p/bit torrent through a corporate
> network!!!
> You may find that a lot of the companies offering these programs
> require you to sign up for a paid service to get the full benefit,
> otherwise you get a massive 1k/sec.

We just want to make it easier for clients to start using our software
without having to punch holes in their firewalls. Trying to move some of
the services to port 80 so perhaps that will avoid us having to install 3rd
party tunneling software

pcbutts1

hellrazor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> We just want to make it easier for clients to start using our software
> without having to punch holes in their firewalls.

Why would anyone want to make it easier for clients to start using our
software without having to punch holes in their firewalls?

> Trying to move some of the services to port 80 so perhaps that will
> avoid us having to install 3rd party tunneling software.

Pass the booze.