Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Belkin Wireless Router Connection Problems/Hanging/Freezing

Belkin Wireless Router Connection Problems/Hanging/Freezing

Andrew Clancy

Hi,

I have a problem with my Belkin Wireless Router (f5d7632uk4), and am hoping
someone out there can help me. It slows down to a halt daily, to a point
that I cant even connect to it via ethernet until I unplug it and start all
over.

I have read this is something to do with the security log growing too big,
but it only ever shows 30 lines of the log, and clearing it doesn't help.
(It's exactly the same problem as this guy is having:
http://forums.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/f...?TID=3198&PN=1)

I don't believe it is a security problem - it is simply that the security
log on the router fills up to a point (where it is preventing access
correctly) that its too large and takes up all the memory of the thing.

Any other ideas? It's definitely a problem with the router - even if there
is some 'security problem' going on, I rather the router doesn't just stop.
I've got everything covered to my satisfaction security-wise.

Cheers,
Andy

Duane Arnold

Andrew Clancy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with my Belkin Wireless Router (f5d7632uk4), and am
> hoping someone out there can help me. It slows down to a halt daily, to a
> point that I cant even connect to it via ethernet until I unplug it and
> start all over.
>
> I have read this is something to do with the security log growing too big,
> but it only ever shows 30 lines of the log, and clearing it doesn't help.
> (It's exactly the same problem as this guy is having:
> http://forums.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/f...?TID=3198&PN=1)
>
> I don't believe it is a security problem - it is simply that the security
> log on the router fills up to a point (where it is preventing access
> correctly) that its too large and takes up all the memory of the thing.
>
> Any other ideas? It's definitely a problem with the router - even if there
> is some 'security problem' going on, I rather the router doesn't just
> stop. I've got everything covered to my satisfaction security-wise.

You should get on the phone with Belkin about the problem with the router.

Duane

Render Me

ok
"Andrew Clancy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yfeBe.1156$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with my Belkin Wireless Router (f5d7632uk4), and am

hoping
> someone out there can help me. It slows down to a halt daily, to a point
> that I cant even connect to it via ethernet until I unplug it and start

all
> over.
>
> I have read this is something to do with the security log growing too big,
> but it only ever shows 30 lines of the log, and clearing it doesn't help.
> (It's exactly the same problem as this guy is having:
> http://forums.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/f...?TID=3198&PN=1)
>
> I don't believe it is a security problem - it is simply that the security
> log on the router fills up to a point (where it is preventing access
> correctly) that its too large and takes up all the memory of the thing.
>
> Any other ideas? It's definitely a problem with the router - even if there
> is some 'security problem' going on, I rather the router doesn't just

stop.
> I've got everything covered to my satisfaction security-wise.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

Unk

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:49:50 GMT, "Andrew Clancy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a problem with my Belkin Wireless Router (f5d7632uk4), and am hoping
>someone out there can help me. It slows down to a halt daily, to a point
>that I cant even connect to it via ethernet until I unplug it and start all
>over.
>
>I have read this is something to do with the security log growing too big,
>but it only ever shows 30 lines of the log, and clearing it doesn't help.
>(It's exactly the same problem as this guy is having:
>http://forums.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/f...?TID=3198&PN=1)
>
>I don't believe it is a security problem - it is simply that the security
>log on the router fills up to a point (where it is preventing access
>correctly) that its too large and takes up all the memory of the thing.
>
>Any other ideas? It's definitely a problem with the router - even if there
>is some 'security problem' going on, I rather the router doesn't just stop.
>I've got everything covered to my satisfaction security-wise.
>
>Cheers,
>Andy

Check for a Firmware update. It's located by logging on to the Web configuration pages.
There's an option to check for an update. I think it's http://192.168.0.1/ check your manual.
Here's the manual if you misplaced it.
http://www.belkin.com/support/downlo...ad=1611&lang=1

Conor

In article <yfeBe.1156$(E-Mail Removed)>, Andrew Clancy
says...
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with my Belkin Wireless Router (f5d7632uk4), and am hoping
> someone out there can help me. It slows down to a halt daily, to a point
> that I cant even connect to it via ethernet until I unplug it and start all
> over.

I went through three in 5 months - all the same problem. Eventually
after the third I got so ****ed off that I got a refund and bought a
Netgear.

--
Conor

pcbutts1

Conor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I went through three in 5 months - all the same problem.

I don't care about your problems.

> Eventually after the third I got so ****ed off that I got a refund and
> bought a Netgear.

Do you have a bad temper?

poster

On 14 Jul 2005 06:50 -0600, pcbutts1 wrote:

>Do you have a bad temper?

No, seems like quite a bit of patience, having tried more than 2 units
before changing to another manufacturer's equipment. Peter M.

Yvan Hall

www.superaffiliate7.com

Log on to Find out how you can make money by clicking my Web Site.
You will find good Affiiliates for health products, such as EDTA-Oral
Chelation,
Apricot kernels for cancer treament, Other affiliates are for Computers,
household products, Satellite TV (You may watch International Channel on
your Computer),
Download Commmercial Movies, Email, Free Horoscope.