Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > No online images

No online images

anOLDun

Lo All

Have no specific details i.e. O/s.

However, the problem is, when viewing websites no pictures are displayed
just the outline of the box where the image should be with a red x in the
corner.

Seems that first thing in the morning some images are displayed but as the
day moves on they are replaced with the "red x box"

My mate was advised that it was due to him using an old windows op system.
Is this the cause? or is there another reason and if so how do we correct
it?

Many thanks

Unk

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:35:53 +0100, "anOLDun" <anoldun@invalid_homecall.co.uk> wrote:

>Lo All
>
>Have no specific details i.e. O/s.
>
>However, the problem is, when viewing websites no pictures are displayed
>just the outline of the box where the image should be with a red x in the
>corner.
>
>Seems that first thing in the morning some images are displayed but as the
>day moves on they are replaced with the "red x box"
>
>My mate was advised that it was due to him using an old windows op system.
>Is this the cause? or is there another reason and if so how do we correct
>it?
>
>Many thanks

Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options
Click the "Advanced" tab, Scroll down to "Multimedia",
check "Show pictures", and uncheck "Show image download
placeholders". Click "apply", "OK"

Also click the "General" tab, Under "Temporary Internet Files", click the "Delete Files" button,
check thebox, "Delete all offline content", "OK". After it finishes, click the "Settings"
button and lower the amount of disk space to use to 20 Meg. Click "OK", "Apply". That will
increase your hard drive space by how much was in that folder. I've seen it well over a gig.
Folders that big are prone to crosslinked files. Clear it weekly, or sooner, especially if IE
starts acting funny. You can automate the process by clicking the "Advanced" tab, scroll down to
"Security", and check the box, "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed",
click "Apply", "OK"

For web images: How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263070

If that didn't fix it, then check here:

Images Are Not Displayed Properly in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=176945

Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in Proper Format
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650

Right-Clicking, Selecting 'Save Picture As' Does Not Save
Image with Correct Extension
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=250747

Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=223050

Problems Displaying Images in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=181836

Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

Can't see jpg's or gifs - Red X - images missing
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif

Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton

anOLDun

Yo Unk

Fantastic - many thanks for the info and links - much appreciated.

"Unk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:35:53 +0100, "anOLDun"

<anoldun@invalid_homecall.co.uk> wrote:

> >Lo All
> >
> >Have no specific details i.e. O/s.
> >
> >However, the problem is, when viewing websites no pictures are displayed
> >just the outline of the box where the image should be with a red x in the
> >corner.
> >
> >Seems that first thing in the morning some images are displayed but as

the
> >day moves on they are replaced with the "red x box"
> >
> >My mate was advised that it was due to him using an old windows op

system.
> >Is this the cause? or is there another reason and if so how do we correct
> >it?
> >
> >Many thanks
> >

> Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options
> Click the "Advanced" tab, Scroll down to "Multimedia",
> check "Show pictures", and uncheck "Show image download
> placeholders". Click "apply", "OK"
>
> Also click the "General" tab, Under "Temporary Internet Files", click the

"Delete Files" button,
> check thebox, "Delete all offline content", "OK". After it finishes,

click the "Settings"
> button and lower the amount of disk space to use to 20 Meg. Click "OK",

"Apply". That will
> increase your hard drive space by how much was in that folder. I've seen

it well over a gig.
> Folders that big are prone to crosslinked files. Clear it weekly, or

sooner, especially if IE
> starts acting funny. You can automate the process by clicking the

"Advanced" tab, scroll down to
> "Security", and check the box, "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when

browser is closed",
> click "Apply", "OK"
>
> For web images: How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263070
>
> If that didn't fix it, then check here:
>
> Images Are Not Displayed Properly in Internet Explorer
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=176945
>
> Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in Proper Format
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650
>
> Right-Clicking, Selecting 'Save Picture As' Does Not Save
> Image with Correct Extension
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=250747
>
> Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978
>
> Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=223050
>
> Problems Displaying Images in Internet Explorer
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=181836
>
> Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807
>
> Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
> http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm
>
> Can't see jpg's or gifs - Red X - images missing
> http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif
>
> Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...01100915311136

Unk

You're welcome.