Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Simulating Bidirectional Pins - How is it displayed?

Simulating Bidirectional Pins - How is it displayed?

Drew

Hello all,

I am kind of confused how is bidirectional pin displayed in the
Waveform Simulation. In my waveform file I have A as an bidirectional
pin but when I run simulation one more pin name appears called
A~result. I guess that's the output and the other one which is
displayed as A is input in simulation. But I need to know more like,
are those pins supposed to be displaying same waveform? If not which
one is a true waveform. I am trying to find some help on this in
Quartus but I cannot see it.

Your help is appreciated
Drew

wieli1

Hello

Which simulator do you use?
Within the ModelSim simulator, which i prefer, input data and output
data are displayed in different colors.

Further details on your simulator would be helpful.

hth
wieli