Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > NEED QUICK REPLY

NEED QUICK REPLY

Annette Kurten

is there something I can download to put a timer on internet access, one of
my kids is going berserk when I am at work.
I have googled but keep getting technical imfo.
Apologies for being a pest AGAIN.
Win ME btyahoo BB

Scraggy

Annette Kurten wrote:
> is there something I can download to put a timer on internet access,
> one of my kids is going berserk when I am at work.
> I have googled but keep getting technical imfo.
> Apologies for being a pest AGAIN.
> Win ME btyahoo BB

Any good?

http://www.blumentals.net/inetprot/

members. Groucho Marx

JANA

If you are going through a descent router, you can set it up to have
internet access times.

Are your kids doing something constructive on the net? There is a lot of
learning to be had. It also increases computer skills which will be very
necessary as time goes on.

If your kids are cruising porno sites, and chat rooms, then this is another
issue.

We allow all members of the family as much internet time as possible,
providing all their other obligations are done.

--

JANA
_____

"Annette Kurten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:davjng$95b$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
is there something I can download to put a timer on internet access, one of
my kids is going berserk when I am at work.
I have googled but keep getting technical imfo.
Apologies for being a pest AGAIN.
Win ME btyahoo BB

WormWood

~~OR~~
http://tinylink.com/?zeozMI7dpJ

Wasn't that easy?

"Annette Kurten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:davjng$95b$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> is there something I can download to put a timer on internet access,
> one of
> my kids is going berserk when I am at work.
> I have googled but keep getting technical imfo.
> Apologies for being a pest AGAIN.
> Win ME btyahoo BB

Joseph E. Johnston

"Annette Kurten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:davjng$95b$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> is there something I can download to put a timer on internet access, one
> of
> my kids is going berserk when I am at work.
> I have googled but keep getting technical imfo.
> Apologies for being a pest AGAIN.
> Win ME btyahoo BB

Get your life together girl. This is obviously a chronic problem that has
been building slowly-- yet all of a sudden you need a "QUICK" reply.

Pay attention to the world around you and learn to respond appropriately so
small problems as they arise. It's better to prevent problems from occurring
than to have to solve them.

Joe the Net Psychologist

Top (retired)

"Annette Kurten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:davjng$95b$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com:

> is there something I can download to put a timer on internet
> access, one of my kids is going berserk when I am at work.
> I have googled but keep getting technical imfo.
> Apologies for being a pest AGAIN.
> Win ME btyahoo BB

How about a big stick applied to the seat of understanding?

--
Freedom is never free....

LB@nospam.info

"Top (retired)" wrote:

> "Annette Kurten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:davjng$95b$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com:
>
> > is there something I can download to put a timer on internet
> > access, one of my kids is going berserk when I am at work.
> > I have googled but keep getting technical imfo.
> > Apologies for being a pest AGAIN.
> > Win ME btyahoo BB
> >

> How about a big stick applied to the seat of understanding?
>
> --
> Freedom is never free....

One of the joys of being a parent <sigh>.
You need to analyze whats going on and discuss it with the kid.
If the kid has any computer smarts the kid is going to figure out how to
beat anything technical you do.
Perhaps a little more info here would generate ideas.

LB

jils

take the keyboard with you when you go to work

Annette Kurten wrote:
> is there something I can download to put a timer on internet access, one of
> my kids is going berserk when I am at work.
> I have googled but keep getting technical imfo.
> Apologies for being a pest AGAIN.
> Win ME btyahoo BB

Blinky the Shark

jils wrote:

> take the keyboard with you when you go to work

Good answer if there aren't any computer stores in town. Keyboards are
cheap.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

aleX

Annette Kurten wrote:
> is there something I can download to put a timer on internet access, one of
> my kids is going berserk when I am at work.
> I have googled but keep getting technical imfo.
> Apologies for being a pest AGAIN.
> Win ME btyahoo BB

I see you state you have broadband, so at least you don't have to worry
about getting a huge dialup phonebill!

If you think you can find something that they can't circumvent, look for
a program a little more tricky to turn off. Password protected maybe,
that won't let the internet connection function otherwise. You could
leave it set for 2 hours or so. Sorry I can't think of any products offhand.

There are even timers for wall sockets, so the whole PC will power off
at a given time, but this would be easy to get around for any
knowledgeable kid...