Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't Play PreRecorded CDA or certain Videos

Can't Play PreRecorded CDA or certain Videos

Randy Howser

I changed from a Dell from 2001 to an HP from 2004, and I seem to be
having a Windows Media Player playback problem.

An imported European CD (Using CDA) that normally played fine on
Dell, is no longer supported under HP. Normally WMP plays it fine. I
can't load it in WMP< Itunes, or any player. On dell no problem. I
transferred them to my iPod easily. US CDA's work fine.

On videos on Dell, if there was a problem downloading a Codec, almost
always I'd still be able to play it back, but I couldn't enlarge the
screen to full, rip it or edit it etc. The font color of the title
would be in orange. Now, on HP, they won't play at all, and the font
is green.

I'm not sure what I'm missing from HP. Some codec? Itried copying my
WMP folder form Dell to HP, but it always got converted to HP's.. I
managed to download what I needed to upgrade WMP to my Dell level
(10.00.00.3901) but it still acts differently. I don't know what I'm
missing between the two. Why did I have no problem on Dell, but
problems galore on HP?