Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Re: mixed Verilog/VHDL design

Re: mixed Verilog/VHDL design

Just an Illusion

Just an Illusion wrote:

> Hi Swapnajit,
>
> Swapnajit Mittra wrote:
>
>> "botao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:<cch877$n40$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>>

>>> Have a tough problem ...
>>>
>>> I need to compare 2 components with the same interface, one
>>> component is
>>> implemented in VHDL, the other is in Verilog.
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> ---Lee
>>>

>> If you have a logic equivalency checker (Verplex Tuxedo, Cadence
>> Chrysalis etc.), read in both the modules and do an equivalency
>> check. This is the *only* practical way to make sure they are 100%
>> equivalent for two real life designs.

> You are right, but only if the both model have the same number of
> register (ff and d-latch).
> But that not solve the Botao problem, if the tool can't handle the
> mixed types at same time.
> More you need have 'compatible' levels of file, if the vhdl is a
> behavioral description, you can have lot of problems to compare it
> with a gate level once.
> Event if is it theoricaly possible.
>
> Otherwise, you need use other formal tool (not equivalent checker).
> With formal tool, you can create a wrapper, which instanciate the both
> components (and you have an other time the same problem), where
> equivalent outputs are connected by an xor (resp. xnor) function and
> connected to the outputs of the wrapper; you can merged all the xor
> (resp. xnor) output throught a or (resp. and) function to give only
> one output.
> After you just need check that output(s) is(are) always 0 (resp. 1).
>
> By this way you can have 100% equivalence proof, independently of
> register number.
>

>> - Swapnajit. --
>> Project VeriPage::: http://www.project-veripage.com
>>

> JaI

Mixed Simulation of Design (VHDL and Verilog) Mirza VHDL 11 07-21-2007 09:27 PM
Asynchronous circuitry or mixed circuitry design possible ? Skybuck Flying VHDL 1 02-19-2007 01:00 PM
Re: mixed Verilog/VHDL design nemgreen VHDL 3 05-03-2005 02:49 AM
mixed Verilog/VHDL design botao VHDL 6 07-08-2004 08:54 PM
VHDL verilog mixed design, strange problem Akshaye VHDL 1 02-09-2004 11:57 AM

Advertisments