Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Brown out

Brown out

Saddles

Hi all,
I recently had a brown out, and although my computer is on a voltage
regulator, I started to detect things that didn't work.
Neither of my NIC cards work. Nor does a new one I bought work. Had to
change to USB for my broadband modem. The TV out video card works for
display but not for TV out. (Afraid to buy a new one in case that to doesn't
work.) My Video capture card doen't work.
Everything else on the computer seems to work fine.
Is there a component on the motherboard that could have failed with just the
above mentioned results?
MM

pcbutts1

The thing that failed is your voltage regulator.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...