Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > mouse goes nuts

mouse goes nuts

michael

when i am trying to us my mouse for games or for working , it goes
hywire it will all of sudden go from what i am doing to the exit x on
page or go to windows start and shut down or just jump around from
place to place and i end up losing things or just going nutso
i ran antivirus antispyv found nothing but yet it still goes on

lone -wolf

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>when i am trying to us my mouse for games or for working , it goes
|>hywire it will all of sudden go from what i am doing to the exit x on
|>page or go to windows start and shut down or just jump around from
|>place to place and i end up losing things or just going nutso
|>i ran antivirus antispyv found nothing but yet it still goes on

Disconnect for the internet unplug your DSL, modem, or whatever.
see if it still happens.

If it stops you've got an admirer.

pcbutts1

michael <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> when i am trying to us my mouse for games or for working , it goes
> hywire it will all of sudden go from what i am doing to the exit x on page
> or go to windows start and shut down or just jump around from place to
> place and i end up losing things or just going nutso i ran antivirus
> antispyv found nothing but yet it still goes on lone -wolf.

For what possible reason would you want to try to us your mouse for games or
for working?

joevan

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 16:20:37 GMT, "michael"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>when i am trying to us my mouse for games or for working , it goes
>hywire it will all of sudden go from what i am doing to the exit x on
>page or go to windows start and shut down or just jump around from
>place to place and i end up losing things or just going nutso
>i ran antivirus antispyv found nothing but yet it still goes on
>

>lone -wolf

That's nuts.

and for the same reason."

Barry

I had that problem once, my problem was the mouse gone bad, I replaced the
mouse and my problems were solved,,
"michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsxTye.611$(E-Mail Removed)...
> when i am trying to us my mouse for games or for working , it goes
> hywire it will all of sudden go from what i am doing to the exit x on
> page or go to windows start and shut down or just jump around from
> place to place and i end up losing things or just going nutso
> i ran antivirus antispyv found nothing but yet it still goes on
>

> lone -wolf

JANA

What did you feed it???

Try the mouse on another computer. It is possible that the mouse has become
defective.

If it is a ball mouse, remove the ball, clean the axils that the ball is
moving, and also clean the ball.

Beyond this, it is possible that there are corrupt files that have to do
with the mouse drivers, or something like that. However, I have seen
defective mice do what yours is doing.

--

JANA
_____

"michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsxTye.611$(E-Mail Removed)...
when i am trying to us my mouse for games or for working , it goes
hywire it will all of sudden go from what i am doing to the exit x on
page or go to windows start and shut down or just jump around from
place to place and i end up losing things or just going nutso
i ran antivirus antispyv found nothing but yet it still goes on

lone -wolf

Toolman Tim

"michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsxTye.611$(E-Mail Removed)...
> when i am trying to us my mouse for games or for working , it goes
> hywire it will all of sudden go from what i am doing to the exit x on
> page or go to windows start and shut down or just jump around from
> place to place and i end up losing things or just going nutso
> i ran antivirus antispyv found nothing but yet it still goes on
>

> lone -wolf

Mouse? Nuts? I thought mouse had balls, squirrels had nuts...

Pat

wrote:

>when i am trying to us my mouse for games or for working , it goes
>hywire it will all of sudden go from what i am doing to the exit x on
>page or go to windows start and shut down or just jump around from
>place to place and i end up losing things or just going nutso
>i ran antivirus antispyv found nothing but yet it still goes on
>

>lone -wolf

Cleaning mouse balls is a common experience for many computer users.

--
Pat

michael

thanks i replaced the mouse and it seems to be ok , it is an optical
mouse so no balls for this mouse

if at first you don't suceed do it like your mother told ya to do the
first time

"michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsxTye.611$(E-Mail Removed)...
> when i am trying to us my mouse for games or for working , it goes
> hywire it will all of sudden go from what i am doing to the exit x on
> page or go to windows start and shut down or just jump around from
> place to place and i end up losing things or just going nutso
> i ran antivirus antispyv found nothing but yet it still goes on
>

> lone -wolf

joevan

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:41:43 -0700, Pat <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 16:20:37 GMT, "michael" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>when i am trying to us my mouse for games or for working , it goes
>>hywire it will all of sudden go from what i am doing to the exit x on
>>page or go to windows start and shut down or just jump around from
>>place to place and i end up losing things or just going nutso
>>i ran antivirus antispyv found nothing but yet it still goes on
>>

>>lone -wolf
>>

>Cleaning mouse balls is a common experience for many computer users.

That's why I got an optical one. Them little mouse balls got dirty too
often.

and for the same reason."