Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Yellow Fat?

Reply
Thread Tools

Yellow Fat?

 
 
dwacon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005
I was watching that documentary on hamburgers that was on cable last night.
This guy from Texas was saying that if cows eat only grass, their fat is
yellow and yellow fat won't stick to your arteries. It is corn fed cows
that produce white fat which will kill you.

Is this guy full of it or is he onto something?

I would like to eat more red meat to get natural creatine in my diet... and
of course marbeled meat is tastier than the lean, lean stuff that you have
to cook medium or less to avoid it tasting like shoe leather. So, izzit
true... and, if so, where can I find beef with the yellow fat.

And please, no replies dealing with urine or such.

Thanks!



--
I made magic once. Now, the sofa is gone...
http://www.dwacon.com




---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
Tested on: 7/5/2005 2:51:51 PM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
http://www.avast.com



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jamco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005
red meat causes colin cancer.
Perhaps you should buy a creatine suppliment if you want to get more,
although creatine is also pretty bad for you.


" dwacon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3FAye.148981$sy6.12675@lakeread04...
>I was watching that documentary on hamburgers that was on cable last night.
>This guy from Texas was saying that if cows eat only grass, their fat is
>yellow and yellow fat won't stick to your arteries. It is corn fed cows
>that produce white fat which will kill you.
>
> Is this guy full of it or is he onto something?
>
> I would like to eat more red meat to get natural creatine in my diet...
> and of course marbeled meat is tastier than the lean, lean stuff that you
> have to cook medium or less to avoid it tasting like shoe leather. So,
> izzit true... and, if so, where can I find beef with the yellow fat.
>
> And please, no replies dealing with urine or such.
>
> Thanks!
>
>
>
> --
> I made magic once. Now, the sofa is gone...
> http://www.dwacon.com
>
>
>
> ---
> avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
> Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
> Tested on: 7/5/2005 2:51:51 PM
> avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
> http://www.avast.com
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mike Easter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005
dwacon wrote:
> I was watching that documentary on hamburgers that was on cable last
> night. This guy from Texas was saying that if cows eat only grass,
> their fat is yellow and yellow fat won't stick to your arteries. It
> is corn fed cows that produce white fat which will kill you.
>
> Is this guy full of it or is he onto something?


Grass or range fed beef has quite a number of healthier characteristics
than stockpen or grainfed beef. Grassfed has more conjugated linoleic
acid - a goodfat, more vits A&E, more omega-3 oils, and more
beta-carotene -- all of those things are good for you and beta-carotene
is what makes the fat yellower.

Europeans pay more for yellowfat beef [no fair cheating by adding things
to make the fat yellower] because they are trained to think that way.
USAmericans are sorta trained to 'prefer' whitefatted meat.

> I would like to eat more red meat to get natural creatine in my
> diet... and of course marbeled meat is tastier than the lean, lean
> stuff that you have to cook medium or less to avoid it tasting like
> shoe leather. So, izzit true... and, if so, where can I find beef
> with the yellow fat.


Lean red meat has a lot of things which are good for you - separate from
the issue of yellow vs white fat above. Yellow beef fat is mostly just
beef fat - regardless of that little bit of good news about the vits,
oils, & goodfat in the rangefed animals. Rangefed are generally leaner
than stockpen grainfed.


--
Mike Easter


 
Reply With Quote
 
RAS
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005
the guy was right. This is cow beef and it graded in the US as utility or
canners. The most of this beef is used in sausage. There are several markets
in the US that sell this stuff, but I don't know about UK

" dwacon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3FAye.148981$sy6.12675@lakeread04...
>I was watching that documentary on hamburgers that was on cable last night.
>This guy from Texas was saying that if cows eat only grass, their fat is
>yellow and yellow fat won't stick to your arteries. It is corn fed cows
>that produce white fat which will kill you.
>
> Is this guy full of it or is he onto something?
>
> I would like to eat more red meat to get natural creatine in my diet...
> and of course marbeled meat is tastier than the lean, lean stuff that you
> have to cook medium or less to avoid it tasting like shoe leather. So,
> izzit true... and, if so, where can I find beef with the yellow fat.
>
> And please, no replies dealing with urine or such.
>
> Thanks!
>
>
>
> --
> I made magic once. Now, the sofa is gone...
> http://www.dwacon.com
>
>
>
> ---
> avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
> Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
> Tested on: 7/5/2005 2:51:51 PM
> avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
> http://www.avast.com
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Miss Perspicacia Tick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005
Jamco wrote:
> red meat causes colin cancer.
> Perhaps you should buy a creatine suppliment if you want to get more,
> although creatine is also pretty bad for you.


You're a complete fuctwit. I have an Uncle Colin, he likes a steak and he
doesn't have cancer. Oh you meant /colon/ cancer. Actually, there is no
proof to that rumour. If you have die-hard evidence, suggest you produce it.
You *CANNOT* make statements like that without the hard evidence to back it
up (and I'm telling you, you won't find any).


 
Reply With Quote
 
Miss Perspicacia Tick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005
Jamco wrote:
> red meat causes colin cancer.
> Perhaps you should buy a creatine suppliment if you want to get more,
> although creatine is also pretty bad for you.


I should add that you should do the same for your statement regarding
creatine because I can tell you you're wrong. How can anything that does
this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3145223.stm) possibly be bad for
you? Where is the evidence. Prove your statements.



 
Reply With Quote
 
dwacon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005

"Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42cae207$0$79781$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net...
> dwacon wrote:
>> I was watching that documentary on hamburgers that was on cable last
>> night. This guy from Texas was saying that if cows eat only grass,
>> their fat is yellow and yellow fat won't stick to your arteries. It
>> is corn fed cows that produce white fat which will kill you.
>>
>> Is this guy full of it or is he onto something?

>
> Grass or range fed beef has quite a number of healthier characteristics
> than stockpen or grainfed beef. Grassfed has more conjugated linoleic
> acid - a goodfat, more vits A&E, more omega-3 oils, and more
> beta-carotene -- all of those things are good for you and beta-carotene
> is what makes the fat yellower.
>
> Europeans pay more for yellowfat beef [no fair cheating by adding things
> to make the fat yellower] because they are trained to think that way.
> USAmericans are sorta trained to 'prefer' whitefatted meat.
>
>> I would like to eat more red meat to get natural creatine in my
>> diet... and of course marbeled meat is tastier than the lean, lean
>> stuff that you have to cook medium or less to avoid it tasting like
>> shoe leather. So, izzit true... and, if so, where can I find beef
>> with the yellow fat.

>
> Lean red meat has a lot of things which are good for you - separate from
> the issue of yellow vs white fat above. Yellow beef fat is mostly just
> beef fat - regardless of that little bit of good news about the vits,
> oils, & goodfat in the rangefed animals. Rangefed are generally leaner
> than stockpen grainfed.



Thanks, Mike!


--
For Lovers Only
http://tinyurl.com/8emny




---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
Tested on: 7/5/2005 4:47:07 PM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
http://www.avast.com



 
Reply With Quote
 
PC
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005

" dwacon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3FAye.148981$sy6.12675@lakeread04...
>I was watching that documentary on hamburgers that was on cable last night.
>This guy from Texas was saying that if cows eat only grass, their fat is
>yellow and yellow fat won't stick to your arteries. It is corn fed cows
>that produce white fat which will kill you.
>
> Is this guy full of it or is he onto something?
>
> I would like to eat more red meat to get natural creatine in my diet...
> and of course marbeled meat is tastier than the lean, lean stuff that you
> have to cook medium or less to avoid it tasting like shoe leather. So,
> izzit true... and, if so, where can I find beef with the yellow fat.
>
> And please, no replies dealing with urine or such.
>
> Thanks!




While I don't have any opinion either way on grass vs. corn feed beef, it is
more likely the colour of the fat is more to do with the breed of the animal
than what it eats.

For example, what is know as the 'Jersey' breed has fat that can approach
pale orange in colour.
There is also a deepening of colour with age, though to what degree I have
not seen documented.
On the other hand the 'Charcoals breed can have fat that is almost pure
white.
Jerseys are good milkers and predominate in the Dairy industry, Charcoals
are popular in the premium beef market.

So you could have a Corn fed yearling Jersey Steer with fat that is quite
yellow. Comparatively an old Holstein (Friesian) Cow fed on Grass may have
fat that is a light creamy colour.

Another poster talks about 'Burger meat'
New Zealand sells a lot of 'Burger Meat' to the USA. A large portion of this
is derived from Cows that have reached the end of their productive milking
life. For milking reasons a large portion of the milking heard is Jerseys.
As I have alluded to above Jerseys have a tendency toward yellow fat. To a
milking farmer the colour of the fat is irrelevant as the carcass value of
the animal is only a tiny portion of the money said cow can earn in it's
lifetime.
Consequently as meat derived from these animals is older and contains a lot
more yellow fat from Jersey animals it is usually seen as best used for
'Processed' meat products i.e. Mince, Burgers or Sausages.

For completeness I should mention that a lot of 'Burger meat' is also
derived from young Bull meat. Mainly derived from animals left over from the
necessity of bringing cows into milk, the breeds involved are again milk
focused.
Processed at about 2-3 years of age, meat derived from these Bulls is very
popular with Burger Meat makers because it contains natural 'binders'
keeping the Burger Pattie together when it is cooked. These natural binders
of course mean the producer doesn't have to add artificial binders to the
Burger mix, artificial binders of course mean a $ cost.

Another complicating factor is Disease and is one of the reasons yellow fat
can meet some consumer resistance.
The Disease concerned is 'Jaundice'.
Frequently caused by the ingestion (eating) of grass with a high level of
the Fungus Pithomyces Chartarum (Spelling?). This Fungus acts as a poison
and the Liver attempts to detoxify it. In the process it literally destroys
itself and it's ability to recycle the Bile content of the digestive
process.
The subsequent build up of Bile salts in the blood is characterised by
sensitivity to light (animal seeks shade) and a 'Yellow' colour to the meat
and fat.
Jaundice is also symptomatic of other Diseases like Hepatitis.

Having said all that (and probably scared you off meat for life) at the end
of the day Humans are 'Omnivorous' i.e. they are able to eat a wide range of
foods.
To meet the 'ideal' dietary needs one should eat a "Balanced Diet".

A 'Balanced Diet' means a bit of everything. Consuming a narrower range of
edibles can over generations cause a shift in the absorption of food energy.
For example (and I make it quite plain this is information I remember
reading somewhere and have no reference to) I understand one of the reasons
Doctors and Hospitals record 'Race' is that some medicines will not work on
people with certain ethnic backgrounds.
Another study I remember reading/watching (may have been a BBC Horizon
documentary, which is an excellent well researched series) was on Mexican's
tendency to overweight when eating modern 'Fast' foods. The article
suggested the historically 'Corn' based menu that generations of Mexicans
had consumed over the years had changed their digestive systems.
This 'mono' cultural diet specialised their conversion of 'food energy' to
match that available from Corn.
When confronted with different 'foods' their digestive system just went into
overdrive and gobbled it all up.

You (and others) may see it differently.

Cheers
Paul.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mnb
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-06-2005
I can prove that your a cow cunted bitch. ****ing slob.
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-532190.php

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsfCye.3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jamco wrote:
>> red meat causes colin cancer.
>> Perhaps you should buy a creatine suppliment if you want to get more,
>> although creatine is also pretty bad for you.

>
> I should add that you should do the same for your statement regarding
> creatine because I can tell you you're wrong. How can anything that does
> this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3145223.stm) possibly be bad for
> you? Where is the evidence. Prove your statements.
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
old jon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-06-2005

"Mnb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1f5de$42cb24cd$4e9a138$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I can prove that your a cow cunted bitch. ****ing slob.
> http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-532190.php
>
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsfCye.3$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Jamco wrote:
>>> red meat causes colin cancer.
>>> Perhaps you should buy a creatine suppliment if you want to get more,
>>> although creatine is also pretty bad for you.

>>
>> I should add that you should do the same for your statement regarding
>> creatine because I can tell you you're wrong. How can anything that does
>> this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3145223.stm) possibly be bad for
>> you? Where is the evidence. Prove your statements.
>>
>>

SO, you can remember long numbers, but you stink so bad, you lose all your
friends.
Think I`ll stick with my vitamin supplements. <g>.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter #2 Yellow Bang! DBF Wireless Networking 0 11-17-2005 04:22 PM
Anthology Solutions Yellow Machine Terabyte Storage Appli... Silverstrand Front Page News 10 10-05-2005 07:24 AM
No sound. Yellow exclamation by" Windows sound system". =?Utf-8?B?VGFueWE=?= MCSE 2 10-26-2003 07:44 PM
Question: Function descriptions in yellow VB Programmer ASP .Net 2 08-28-2003 02:49 AM
HELP: Yellow TextBox ?? Jurjen de Groot ASP .Net 5 07-01-2003 07:40 AM



Advertisments