Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win XP System restore help

Win XP System restore help

Bruce

Can anyone tell me if there exists a direct way to get to the system
restore points in Windows XP.

I have a system which had a failed install. After the install, the
task bar is gone, the users cpl comes up blank, ctrl-esc does not
work.

I can not find a link to the help and support center. I think if I can
get the system restore interface to run, I should be able to bring the
system back to a usable state. I just do not know what command to run
to bring the restore program up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave Lear

"Bruce" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)

> Can anyone tell me if there exists a direct way to get to the system
> restore points in Windows XP.

Nope, you need to use the System Restore interface.

> I have a system which had a failed install. After the install, the
> task bar is gone, the users cpl comes up blank, ctrl-esc does
> not work.
>
> I can not find a link to the help and support center. I think if I
> can get the system restore interface to run, I should be able
> to bring the system back to a usable state. I just do not know
> what command to run to bring the restore program up.

Start

Run

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Bruce

Thanks, the rstrui was what I was looking for.

Bruce